• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

My first load development

Cali_Ed

So here is my shooting today with some varget, hornady brass and 210m primers.

The more I shoot and now with properly shouldering the rifle I feel way more confident and picking up my mistakes is much easier. Still need to by a good rear bag other then that u felt today went good. Even tho its not the best grouping. 20141116_121604_zps00dd75b8.jpg

20141116_121619_zps1b6ab556.jpg

20141116_121629_zps9efafcff.jpg

Don't think I put the pictures in the right order but they have the loads written on them

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm ok with not perfect. I'm after decent grouping and not all in one hole. The ks for the advice though which makes sense. If shtf and people are getting sent to fema camps, I don't want to have to care a huge rifle rest when I bug out into the wilderness. I don't want scoliosis.

Edited by Cali_Ed

Ed, your getting better, that is all that counts. When it comes to accuracy, we really are only in competition with ourselves and what we did last time. 98 gave some great advice ( which I should take as well sometimes) skip the bipods, monopods, sandbags, etc. and practice good technique until it becomes second nature. That is a more usable shooting skill than any thing you do off a benchrest.

An Appleseed Shoot will do wonders for your skillset - seriously.  The only rifle support you have in an Appleseed Shoot is the sling that's on the rifle, and your body.  When you see yourself improve shooting in the offhand standing position, with only a sling as support, you'll really be feeling good about it.  <thumbsup>

(Oh, and by that time, you'll be kicking a$s in the sitting, kneeling and prone positions...  :)) )

An Appleseed Shoot will do wonders for your skillset - seriously. The only rifle support you have in an Appleseed Shoot is the sling that's on the rifle, and your body. When you see yourself improve shooting in the offhand standing position, with only a sling as support, you'll really be feeling good about it. <thumbsup>

(Oh, and by that time, you'll be kicking a$s in the sitting, kneeling and prone positions... :)) )

I just need to invest in a sling. Any reccomendations

I just think it's best to do my load development on how I'm planning on shooting the rifle. I believe it will be more accurate in the way that I'll find the load the works best for my rifle and how I'm shooting. Maybe I'm wrong? How do ypu shoot prone with out a pod? Bag?

Edited by Cali_Ed