• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

New guy in VA

boostless

Just checking in here, starting a new build on an Aero Precision set.  Just waiting on the parts to come in, this will be my first 308 build.

Partslist:

Aero Precision M5 receiver set

Aero Precision Nickle Boron BCG - on preorder list

A2 style flash suppressor (Surplus Ammo & Arms)

Black Hole Weaponry 18" barrel

YHM Low Profile gas block

Mid-length gas tube (Surplus Ammo & Arms)

UTG Super Slim Handguard - got it since it was cheap but feels good in my hands

Standard Charging handle (Surplus Ammo & Arms)

CMMG LPK

DPMS buttstock assembly

DPMS Forward assist and dust cover

My build thread started:

Edited by boostless

Nah, that is DC, man.  The mentality is hellish, at best.  I feel for you.

I was in Hoodbridge for awhile, in a nice area.  Hated rush hour on weekends, no matter what.  Worked in Falls Church.  24 miles from house to work, 1.5 hours minimum, on a damn motorcycle.  Not long after I got slammed into at a stop light, I packed my $hit up and left.  Eff that place, and the whole area.

Anyway, welcome aboard.  I've got a good range for you to hit up, if you don't know about it.  You'll have to wait for spring for it to open back up, but it's alright. 

Nah, that is DC, man.  The mentality is hellish, at best.  I feel for you.

I was in Hoodbridge for awhile, in a nice area.  Hated rush hour on weekends, no matter what.  Worked in Falls Church.  24 miles from house to work, 1.5 hours minimum, on a damn motorcycle.  Not long after I got slammed into at a stop light, I packed my $hit up and left.  Eff that place, and the whole area.

Anyway, welcome aboard.  I've got a good range for you to hit up, if you don't know about it.  You'll have to wait for spring for it to open back up, but it's alright. 

There is no rush "hour," its just traffic and you don't know when it'll hit.  Funny you mention the motorcycle accident becuase I was in a head on collision earlier this year.  My wife and I are ready to leave we are just waiting to finish school, hopefully anyway.  I'd love to hear about ranges since the only good ones I've heard about are in West Virginia.  I'll try to get a parts list up here in a bit

Phelps WMA has a great range, free, but it's only 100 yards.  It's near Sumerduck, and worth the drive.  Get there early, as it's first-come basis for a bench.  If there are waiters trying to get a bench, shooters are supposed to use their bench for an hour, then pack up and give up the bench.  Doesn't always happen, and if you hit the range in the middle of the week, you might be the only one there sometimes. 

http://www.dgif.virginia.gov/wmas/range_rules.pdf

http://www.dgif.virginia.gov/wmas/detail.asp?pid=17