• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

STOP BUYING RIFLES!!

BLKSHEEP

I bought my Armalite AR 10 for one reason.  Simplicity.  Not to win a beauty pagent.  It has the old school  M16A1 look I like.  Tear down was easy, cleaning was easy, re-assembly was easy.  Granted it's been over 30 years since I've done it.  Shot for the first time with just iron sights.  Only took about 5 rds to dial it into the X at 150 yards.  Very nice.  I'm leaving it just the way it is.  I did buy an inexpensive scope just to play with, and I did buy an ambidexterous saftey selector because I shoot lefty.  But thats it.  I have been shooting my M1 Garand for years, and with the "AR" platform popularity at an all time high, I wanted something I was somewhat familiar with but different as well.  Thats my 2 cents.  Semper Fi.

I bought my Armalite AR 10 for one reason.  Simplicity.  Not to win a beauty pagent.  It has the old school  M16A1 look I like.  Tear down was easy, cleaning was easy, re-assembly was easy.  Granted it's been over 30 years since I've done it.  Shot for the first time with just iron sights.  Only took about 5 rds to dial it into the X at 150 yards.  Very nice.  I'm leaving it just the way it is.  I did buy an inexpensive scope just to play with, and I did buy an ambidexterous saftey selector because I shoot lefty.  But thats it.  I have been shooting my M1 Garand for years, and with the "AR" platform popularity at an all time high, I wanted something I was somewhat familiar with but different as well.  Thats my 2 cents.  Semper Fi.

Agreed. Don't put it on unless there is an overwhelming need for it. As a lefty I should put on an ambi safety.

Seen this a couple days ago. The guy has a point and I think that was part of the reason I am here. I also agree with others that posted about buying rifles because the main point with any gun is how you want the gun to function. If you can buy a gun that has all or most of the things you want at a lower price than what it would cost to build then why not buy it and upgrade it if needed? I guess my main question on this would be besides pride and maybe cost is there any other reason to build instead of buy?

Obviously a joke and a dig at all the BS you can hang on a ar 15/10/ etc...... pretty funny and a good point just how much stuff does one need? all I need is sights/ ,glass copious amounts of ammo and a sweet functioning rifle.....everything else is icing on a cake you can have it and it is sweet or you can eat the cake without and it is still good....

Power to weight ratio, for the job to be done. Extra features don't mean much, if you are not going to use them in the field. I have to carry the damned thing for a half mile to my hunting location. Change the scenario and I'll rethink my position. Oh, crap! Now I have to carry 4 extra magazines and perhaps a 30lb ammo can. Dammit!

Edited by Morgan