• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

My Aero Precision .308 M5 Build

GreenGoblin227

Well I started the build.  Took a while to get the parts together but im still under the 800 dollar mark with everything.  Just waiting on some Items to come in the mail.  Should be here before Christmas.

- Lower -

Aero Precision M5 .308 Stripped Lower Receiver FDE/Desert

DPMS AR10 .308 A2 Rifle buffer tube/buffer/spring kit

MAGPUL PRS AR-10 SNIPER STK FDE

308 Lower Receiver Parts Kit DPMS Specs

- Pivot pin in the front is slightly smaller but works fine.  Just doesn't stick out all the way.  Still waiting to check the bolt catch.  (All the good Aero Pins/Bolt Catch are Back Ordered

- Upper -

Aero Precision M5 .308 Stripped Upper Receiver FDE/Desert

.308 BCG Weapon Enhancement Solutions

WESGUNS - 16" 308 416R SST 1:10 Twist Barrel

308/7.62 Forward Assist + Parts

DPMS 308 Aero Precision .750" Low Profile Gas Block

JP SuperComp® XL Muzzle Brake .308 7.62x51

Aero Precision Midlength Gas Tube

BCM - 7.62 & .308 - LONG ( Mod 3 ) - Gunfighter Charging Handle

Fortis Switch 12" Handgard

Not that all bad to assemble one of these bad Larry's.  I have built a standard AR15, but wanted a 308 because why not... 

I am waiting for the barrel, bolt carrier group, stock, BCM charging handle to finish the build..

Now also debating on optics plus 45 degree iron sites... 

237866d1419091596-gun-thread-uploadfromt

237867d1419091606-gun-thread-uploadfromt

Edited by GreenGoblin227

I should have the rest today... Just need to wait for santa aka UPS and hope i get the delivery rather than the wife.  I told her it was going to take 6 months to build it (started on black friday)... I got the bug and just started buying stuff once i found a hell of a price...  I havn't even spent more than 815 on it so far.  

I got the stock on a website ill check my records where, it was 99.99 new.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Great looking build!  I'm getting ready to start an M5 build.   Just curious about a few of your choices for this gun.  1. Why did you go with the Fortis Handguard over the Aero?  Were there any advantages or you just liked it better?  2.  I really like the PRS stock but the price is significant ($255) over other magpul stocks.  Would you buy the same stock now that you have it on the gun?  3. I've heard a lot of issues with the AP FA not working.  Did you have any issues with the FA?

Thanks for sharing!

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Yea, Thats what I said.  I typed up a letter and had it notarized that I am not responsible for anything that happens.  I checked the head spacing.  I know it was built right.

Just did another build.  Bought the Complete Upper from Aero and Complete Lower when they had 10% off government and then take an extra 15 percent off  then there was another promo code i entered and got everything for 40% off.  so i am into a complete upper and lower from aero for 560.  Now just needing to located a BCG and charging handle and my build is complete minus optics..

Yea, Thats what I said. I typed up a letter and had it notarized that I am not responsible for anything that happens. I checked the head spacing. I know it was built right.

Just did another build. Bought the Complete Upper from Aero and Complete Lower when they had 10% off government and then take an extra 15 percent off then there was another promo code i entered and got everything for 40% off. so i am into a complete upper and lower from aero for 560. Now just needing to located a BCG and charging handle and my build is complete minus optics..

Man, you gotta share next promo you catch from them! I get all the mailings but dont remember these. :) Lol That's killer deal on the new build, congrats! Edited by mrrogers1

Now just needing to located a BCG and charging handle and my build is complete minus optics..

Hit up D Wilson Manufacturing for the BCG - he makes very high quality parts.

http://www.dwilsonmfg.com/store/c5/AR10_Parts.html

Hit MechArmor Defense for the charging handle. The 308AR.com Group Buy is always in effect.

That Memorial Day sale was something else.  If I'd had some expendable income, rather than having it all sucked dry by my move, I'd have jumped on board that one.  I think it would have panned out to around 30% off.  I expect we'll see another great sale from them for the 4th of July, and I hope to have enough cash for another lower.  I have that upper sitting around, and it needs to be a full rifle.  I blame you all for that mentality.  Aero sells their own BCG, which I am quite pleased with, FYI.