• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

What did you buy today?!

Cali_Ed

Thought I start this because I always find my self in the reloading store and I'm to impatient to order something. If anything maybe merge with what did you get in the mail today? If not, keep it seperate.

Here is what I splurged on today.

IMG_20150124_213825_zpsq0yq7ygz.jpg

Only thing that throws me off a bit is that 1-10 twist on the 178. Is that a guide line? Orrr?

Edited by Cali_Ed

• Replies 491
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Only thing that throws me off a bit is that 1-10 twist on the 178. Is that a guide line? Orrr?

That 178 AMAX is about the longest bullet that you can buy and still load to magazine length.  You'll need a 1:10 twist barrel to get the most from it. 1:11.25 will still give you decent results.

The Hornady 178gr BTHP Match projectile has a better BC to it (0.530 versus the AMAX 0.495), so it would do better at longer distances over the AMAX.  Less wind drift, less drop at distance.

That AMAX is a badass projectile.  <thumbsup>

Don't know what you'll end up with on the 4064, but for the 150 FMJ-BT projectiles, I'm loading 44.0gr of RL-15, and they're working great (.308 Win loadings).

You need the Hornady load data numbers on those projos, for 4064?

Edited by 98Z5V

I ended up with 40 grains that did pretty well the picture of it is on my other thread.

Was that for the 150s?  That's giving you around 2400fps on that one.  Speed that bullet up to 2600fps and your results will change drastically.  For the better. 43.3gr of 4064 is listed for 2600fps, and a max charge of 44.9gr or 4064 gets you to 2700fps.  That's the max charge listed in the Hornady manual, so you can reference other sources for more powder - I know there are a couple out there that go higher. Be careful with that $hit, though...

Edited by 98Z5V

Milwaukee 5616-24 Router.  The wife is riding me about getting all of her projects done.  There is a shooting moratorium at my house starting last Weds.  

You have a new tool, though.  That's always a win.  :)) :banana: <thumbsup>

Redbone Coonhound and German Wirehair mix.

20150119_082432_zpsrz6e8zo6.jpg

20150124_102513_zpspjimziqp.jpg

and dont be hating on my wee one. Hes a hell of a hunter

20140503_171812_zpsjzc2fvyn.jpg

plan on running mostly upland game. Been workin his nose on chuckar and phesant. Work on waterfowl next year. Hell of nose and good stamina but he gets out there with the Brittneys and stops listening to me

Couldn't help myself , I'm an impulse buyer , been thinking about getting some for twenty years or so . <thumbsup>

NIJ IV Active Shooter kit

BPI_Molle_Vest_carrier_plate_Camo_71906d00-1269-4875-9d08-99a82c6caff7_grande.jpg

I bought an ar500 one last year got an email on the sale......yup sold......gf thinks I'm nuts

• shepp unpinned this topic