• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Had to join the AR club

Powerman

Prices being what they are, I couldn't say no. I got a BCM midi upper with 13" keymod and ambi gunfighter latch. Topped it off with Spike Tactical flip up sights and Aimpoint Pro. The upper came Friday and hopefully I'll have the Aimpoint by the end of the week.

The lower is a ambi Mega billet, G2S trigger, BAD SS, and troy ambi mag catch. I'm a lefty. I bit the bullet and went with a JP silent capture spring. Stuck with the ACS-L stock. All that will be here Monday.

The bad news is I sold the 308 and a pistol to do it. I don't hunt, and it just wasn't as practical for me. I wanted a SHTF do everything gun, but don't really need the range. The plan is to build another upper in 6.8 spc at some point. We'll see.

I'm excited about this build. Everything I want with nothing left undone. I'll post pics when it's done.

Edited by Powerman

I'll post pics when it's done.

Well, that might work.  We'll probably want pics of the progress, though - not at the end...  <lmao>

Post up what you got already, and we'll "imagine" the rest... 

Thanks guys. I'm really glad I went keymod. I don't care for quad rails, and the BMC guard is really nice. Very slim. They were still doing the free BCG and free Mod 0 comp, so I took advantage of it. I'm not going to clutter it with covers. I think just a hand stop and I'll be good.

Thanks guys. I'm really glad I went keymod. I don't care for quad rails, and the BMC guard is really nice. Very slim. They were still doing the free BCG and free Mod 0 comp, so I took advantage of it. I'm not going to clutter it with covers. I think just a hand stop and I'll be good.

Yup, hand stop and thumb stop are all I like.

The KAC ones are the lightest you can get.

So I got my Mega Arms ambi billet today. I really like it. The anodizing is so silky. Nicer than the BCM upper. Unfortunately, no ambi bolt catch. There was a bit of confusion on whether it came with it or not. Finally called Mega, and ya, it was supposed to come with it already installed. All they asked was my address and said it's on the way. Great CS.

Just so you guys know, the forged is $120, billet $200. The ambi billet with ambi bolt catch is only $25 more. Looking at pics, it's a really nice setup compared to others. For right handers, so much nicer than levers of some sort. For $25 more, it's a no brainer.

My LPK was supposed to be delivered today too... I guess there is always tomorrow. I scored a LNIB Aimpoint pro for a great price too. Should be here Thursday. Hopefully I'll be shooting this weekend.

Edited by Powerman

Exact same lower I have on my 16" 300BLK rifle.  Damn, I love that lower.  Excellent choice in components, my man!!!  This will be one DAMN NICE rifle!!!   :hethan:

EDIT - I just thought of something!  I hope your Ambi setup doesn't interfere with your trigger!!!  :eek:

Edited by 98Z5V

Color me jealous!  I almost ordered that guy to kick off an SBR build in .300BLK but laid off of it, said ambi-schmambi and got a standard Aero lower because. 

A )  I found it on sale through SAA

B )  I want to use their COP for the upper

C )  I have hangups about matched receiver sets.

But damn that thing is sexy!  Still have not sent the Form 1 so now you have me wanting to backtrack and follow in yours and Toms footsteps!!.

This leaves one problem though... what to do with an extra small frame lower..... >:D

Edited by AdamO

Just a point I'd like to clear up....

Mega makes an ambidextrous bolt RELEASE not an ambidextrous bolt CATCH.

To my knowledge, only Colt, LWRCi, AXTS, SI-Defense, Aero Precision (with PDQ lever) and S.W.O.R.D. International make an ambidextrous bolt CATCH. Each company has a different version or variation, and many are only offered on certain models. I think RRA has a version too, but not 100% if it has a catch feature or just a release.