7.62x39 On AR15 Platform

suzukiray

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Yemen already has dropped the money for it and was purchasing it. I say "was" because they're currently in pretty much a civil war right now...

I'm hoping this pulls Colt out of whatever crunch I've heard they are currently in.  I like their products even if they are pricey.  They're an American icon and I hope they stick around.  If this risk turns out to be positive.  American manufacturers need as much business and support as they can get.

Has DOD ever given a reason why they won't approve a changeover to the caliber for our forces?

Why? Heavier than 5.56 and not as effective as the 7.62. It's the .40cal of the rifle world.

DoD did their contest to see if the M4 needed to be replaced. The 6.8 failed to do anything more than the 5.56 could do. Does it kill something MORE dead?

I'm not disputing that the 6.8 is superior to the 5.56... every round has its "place".

I remember reading an article about the 6.5 Grendel and in the article it mentioned that the 6.8 had been out in the field for "testing".  Obviously they were taking a serious look at it but I never heard anything of the final outcome.

.311" vs .308", 4 mil shorter on the case, non-tapered case, load 30 in a 30 round issued mag, barrel change ONLY is required to run it...

It's more than 7.62x39, brother.  :banana:

Thats what affirmative action is brother.....man your wound up tighter than dick's hatband tonite  I rectum sorely  <lmao>  Wash

I recently watched a video for deciding on whether to get a 300Blk or a 7.62x39 build. They broke it into three questions:

1. Do you shoot suppressed?

2. Do you reload?

3. Is parts interchangablity important to you?

Depending on how you answer those, determines which would serve you best. If the yes's are greater than the no's then the 300Blk is your cartridge. All my answers were no...

I recently watched a video for deciding on whether to get a 300Blk or a 7.62x39 build. They broke it into three questions:

1. Do you shoot suppressed?

2. Do you reload?

3. Is parts interchangablity important to you?

Depending on how you answer those, determines which would serve you best. If the yes's are greater than the no's then the 300Blk is your cartridge. All my answers were no...

The only one of those loaded & narrow minded questions that should be considered is # 3 , that answer should be yes to anyone who owns an AR 15 . # 2 , you can ask that about any caliber & # 1 is meaningless except for some special operations that are not normal for civilians. Yes, it is probably why this cartridge was even designed , but has expanded nicely because of what the base cartridge of the 300BLK is designed around , could do . <thumbsup>

The only thing the 7.62x39 has going for it is cheap , junk ammo !  <dontknow>

• 2 weeks later...

Took a gamble and ordered a $25 30-rd. mag from BCM and it came in today.  It loaded real easy.  I've never seen this caliber of mag offered by BCM before but maybe I just missed it in the past.  Too bad I won't get to the range this weekend.  It will be interesting to see how these all turn out.

Thanks for the compliments.  I thought it turned our pretty well.  Primary Arms has a great Digicam stencil.  It is made of silicone so it is very flexible.  They go on sale every so often for about $12.  Paint was Aervoe Desert Sand, Urban Gray, and Foliage Green.  I think they have quit making Urban Gray.  It is not on their website anymore and I had a hard time finding it.

Gun shoots great, eats the cheap stuff all day long.