• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

7.62x39 On AR15 Platform

suzukiray

I don't own any and don't plan to. To many bad reviews with Magpul .308 mags. They work well for the 5.56mm and that's as far as I go with them.

Where are these "bad reviews"? I own a metric shiit ton of PMAGs in every size and caliber... I even have custom 5 round mags. Never a single issue with any of them.

I find it hard to accept a blanket statement about the .308 PMAG from an unknown source, especially when it's made ON A FORUM THAT SPECIALIZES ON THE .308AR and no one shares the opinion.

In fact, only one person here has ever made statement about the 308 pmag not working, and he knows what four letter word I blame for that.

Just sayin

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

And I think I fixed it to work & if a certain co. had not gone belly up & took my money ( I did get my $$ back from the CC co. ) for the barrel I ordered , we would know if my fix worked . I never give up , never Surender.  <munch>

We all knew it wasn't mag. any way  <thumbsup>

Where are these "bad reviews"? I own a metric shiit ton of PMAGs in every size and caliber... I even have custom 5 round mags. Never a single issue with any of them.

I find it hard to accept a blanket statement about the .308 PMAG from an unknown source, especially when it's made ON A FORUM THAT SPECIALIZES ON THE .308AR and no one shares the opinion.

In fact, only one person here has ever made statement about the 308 pmag not working, and he knows what four letter word I blame for that.

Just sayin

Well, as always I shouldn't believe everything I read on the internet. Some folks on another forum were complaining about the newest generation of .308 P Mags not working very well. One fella apparently spoke to a Magpul engineer at a local range about the issue and the tech mentioned they were releasing an updated follower and spring to fix the so called reliability issue with the newest generation of .308 mags. Maybe it was all a crock of sh!t. Didn't mean to ruffle any feathers hoss.

FWIW ... the Tech I spoke with stated the problem with the PMAGS was cracking.  He also stated there is a manufacturer that is now supposedly shipping their .308 with a note that advises the PMAGS will crack and that is why their rifle is shipped WITHOUT a PMAG.  I don't really want to post that particular company's name on here but I think Y'all can figure out the rest, especially if everyone on here is pleased with PMAGS after they've actually used them, hence the reason I posed the question about them in this thread.

Too bad Magpul doesn't make a PMAG for the AR in 7.62x39.  I've always liked their products.

I've loaded them the other day.  Problem is it's been too wet for the outdoor range.  I know I won't get out there this week or weekend.

Most likely next weekend at the earliest unless something changes.

Well, as always I shouldn't believe everything I read on the internet. Some folks on another forum were complaining about the newest generation of .308 P Mags not working very well. One fella apparently spoke to a Magpul engineer at a local range about the issue and the tech mentioned they were releasing an updated follower and spring to fix the so called reliability issue with the newest generation of .308 mags. Maybe it was all a crock of sh!t. Didn't mean to ruffle any feathers hoss.

I just reread my post and I realized I sound like an assholio. I apologize if you read my post the same way I read it now. I sounded like a pompous ass there.

I just reread my post and I realized I sound like an assholio. I apologize if you read my post the same way I read it now. I sounded like a pompous ass there.

I was astonished as you were , I have never heard of a problem with PMags , but I don't get out all that much any more , like I used to . I think that info would be something that would be all over the place , like that four letter company you like so much .

I was astonished as you were , I have never heard of a problem with PMags , but I don't get out all that much any more , like I used to . I think that info would be something that would be all over the place , like that four letter company you like so much .

PMAGs and other reliable poly mags have definitely had issues (Gen 1 5.56 PMAGs, G3 PMAG LR bolt lock back issues, ect.). We just don't remember because those particular companies have been excellent with regards to CS on replacing customers problem mags.

We only remember the bad stuff (like my crappy ASC .308 10rnd mags or Elftmann Tactical's debatable engineering methods and lack of care for the customer...).

Edited by FaRKle!

I like my Elf AR-15 Match trigger.  Alot.  <thumbsup>

I've also never had a single issue with Gen 1 5.56 PMags.  I have 30 of them, and they've been put to use over the years.

Edited by 98Z5V

I do remember a problem with the feed lips & thats why they came out with the mag caps or why they should be used , because the fully loaded mag would put too much pressure on the feed lips,with out the cap on if stored for long periods of time . That was a long time ago , I believe .

I do remember a problem with the feed lips & thats why they came out with the mag caps or why they should be used , because the fully loaded mag would put too much pressure on the feed lips,with out the cap on if stored for long periods of time . That was a long time ago , I believe .

Yeah, dust covers. Don't want that top round getting dusty, now do we? ::)

I have the same trigger.  I've only fired 40 rounds through mine so far but no primer-strike problems.  If the custom triggers are not rumored to be working you might want to try one of the nickel-boron triggers from somebody like Spike's or Fail Zero (Botch Tactical) or somebody else.  I might try one of those myself in the future.

normally I'd suggest the MechArmor trigger, but it's still new and untested against steel surplus ammo.

A good and inexpensive trigger group would be the ALG ACT. You can add the JP Yellow springs to lighten the pull even more.

If your interested in something fancier, I have a Mega Tactical Trigger that I'm getting ready to post for sale. It comes with a Nib Hammer and springs. You just have to supply a sear disconnect and pins. There is a bit more required to "tune" this trigger.

I also have a CMC Flat Trigger I may be willing to part with. It was in my .308 until it was recently replaced with a MechArmor trigger. It has never failed to fire for me.

My current project is a 7.62x39, and I plan on installing a Hyperfire with a 7.62x39 specific titanium firing pin.

•Adams Arms Piston System (Pistol length)

•LMT Enhanced 7.62x39 Bolt

•NiB Cam Pin

•Titanium 7.62x39 Enhanced Firing Pin

•Hyperfire HiperTouch 24e Trigger

It's gonna be sweet!