7.62x39 On AR15 Platform

suzukiray

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I don't know if I posted the previously on here (I know I did somewhere) but my 7.62x39 weapon is built from the following:

YMH fluted 16" barrel and flash suppressor with an "F"-marked A2 front sight/gas block, standard round A2 black carbine hand guards.

RGuns upper and lower receivers.  Standard charging handle.  NiB BCG from JSE Surplus

Standard AR15 fire control group, multi-position standard mil-spec carbine stock, spring, buffer, etc.

Very well-balanced and shoots real smooth.  Only a slight bit more recall that a 5.56

YHM produces some excellent gun parts.

Edited by GRA

Long thread, but I didn't see this one mentioned, the CMMG Mk47 Mutant 7.62×39 AR.

I actually got a chance to play with that "thing" in Vegas, before it hit the market.... NOT pleased (which can be expected from a sub-par company)

20150122_132400_zpsn9uy5g3f.jpg

The receiver, barrel extension, bolt and carrier are all proprietary. I believe the handguard may be too. The sized up the parts somewhere between the AR15 and the 308AR. They [CMMG] believe the problem with the original design was the fragile bolts.... Except that LMT and Cason Eng are claiming THOUSANDS of steel cased rounds on the same bolts.... in full auto!!! It wasn't a bolt failure, it was a metallurgy failure. The new bolts are not made from tool steel.

The Mk47 Mutant is overweight, unsightly, bulky in uncomfortable locations, and all around a fix to a problem that no longer exists.

If you had to buy a rifle TODAY, and you wanted something from over the counter.... The POF or the PWS would be my only suggestions.

If you wait till the end of this year.... I PROMISE YOU WILL SEE AN ALL NEW 7.62X39 RIFLE DESIGN. I can't speak more on that right now, but stay tuned.

nazarene-1.gif

Edited by Robocop1051

I actually got a chance to play with that "thing" in Vegas, before it hit the market.... NOT pleased (which can be expected from a sub-par company)

20150122_132400_zpsn9uy5g3f.jpg

The receiver, barrel extension, bolt and carrier are all proprietary. I believe the handguard may be too. The sized up the parts somewhere between the AR15 and the 308AR. They [CMMG] believe the problem with the original design was the fragile bolts.... Except that LMT and Cason Eng are claiming THOUSANDS of steel cased rounds on the same bolts.... in full auto!!! It wasn't a bolt failure, it was a metallurgy failure. The new bolts are not made from tool steel.

The Mk47 Mutant is overweight, unsightly, bulky in uncomfortable locations, and all around a fix to a problem that no longer exists.

If you had to buy a rifle TODAY, and you wanted something from over the counter.... The POF or the PWS would be my only suggestions.

If you wait till the end of this year.... I PROMISE YOU WILL SEE AN ALL NEW 7.62X39 RIFLE DESIGN. I can't speak more on that right now, but stay tuned.

nazarene-1.gif

I'd buy that POF piston gun in a heartbeat if I hadn't already built the one I have.  I bet it runs real good too.

• 11 months later...
1 hour ago, washguy said:

98Z   Man these are 1992 40 round Frankenmags for an ar15 762x39

Are you telling me you have never had or shot a Frankenmag?  Wow I finally have stumped you. HA :lmao:.    You young whipersnaper.  Lol.    Wash

Great now I want one