• Visit EuroOptic
  • Visit Site
  • Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Any good Memorial Day sales this weekend?

trashman

I think that there are many holidys that call for celebration!   4th of July, Thanksgiving, etc.

This is ONE day that I think calls for reflection.

For many years, my best friend, from high school  and I , would go out into the desert, alone, and shoot and talk.  He was a vet from Vietnam, I was not, being medically exempted. A fact I'll regret all my life.

This year, I'll be going alone.  My friend died, last year.

Respectfully

Terry

Edited by Tripledeuce

I think that there are many holidys that call for celebration!   4th of July, Thanksgiving, etc.

This is ONE day that I think calls for reflection.

For many years, my best friend, from high school  and I , would go out into the desert, alone, and shoot and talk.  He was a vet from Vietnam, I was not, being medically exempted. A fact I'll regret all my life.

This year, I'll be going alone.  My friend died, last year.

Respectfully

Terry

I fully agree with you on the holidays.  May your friend rest in peace.  I'm sure he'll be with you always like all the rest of the Vietnam veterans that never came home; they will also be with us always.

HEY!!!

Its Memorial Day! And all you guys can talk about are Sales?????

Try rembering what this day is SUPPOSED to stand for!

Terry

Usually there are several Memorial Day threads that serve to thank our Vets and remember and honor our nation's fallen warriors. All threads being topical, this one is about holiday sales, and doesn't disregard the purpose of Memorial Day. I agree that we shouldn't lose sight of the real purpose of this day, but I also agree with the point already made about how we memorialize our fallen. The point being, after the shopping and the BBQ are finished, take the rest of the day to contemplate the loss of our brothers and sisters afield.

Lastly, many thanks to our brothers here on the forum who sacrificed years of their lives to serve a purpose much larger than themselves, to you we are grateful.

That God welcomes you'r friend into heaven with open arms brother Terry.That sea of tombstones is a heartbreaker,always :'( .Those that have gone before us wouldn't want us to morn in saddnes but to smile in rememberenss of good times had.We will be reunited with those that we love at a later date.