AZ END OF SUMMER SHOOT

MikedaddyH

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Ya know, one of these shoots I'm going to have to take a road trip and see what all the fuss is about. Just not when it's still as hot as the surface of the sun during day light hours. I've got a couple bottles of Johnny Walker Blue for special occasions...just sayin.

Edited by Malig8r

• 2 weeks later...

I'm trying to get a guy from work to come out - also trying to get a particular female from work to join us - unsure on that yet. 

BlueMike, no matter how the festivities go on Saturday night - on Sunday, you'll still be in good enough shape to hold onto the floor...   LMFAO!!!

Because CrazyMike pushed this up, I had to order a shiitload of stuff last night. I didn't get exactly everything I wanted, and I'm certain that I fucked myself on some Labor Day deals, by ordering the week before - thanks, CrazyMike.  I'll have a new rifle running on Sunday.  Not in it's peak form, with some standby parts, but it'll be running.

I did NOT get the longer range steel put in yet, up in the hills.  I won't get that done before this event.  Maybe we'll do it that morning.

Exactly - "end of summer shoot" should be late october or early november.  Nooooo, Mike need to do it on Labor Day, when it's gonna be 110... 

EDIT - Ooops, my bad.  It's projected to be 104 on Sunday...

Edited by 98Z5V

Exactly - "end of summer shoot" should be late october or early november.  Nooooo, Mike need to do it on Labor Day, when it's gonna be 110... 

EDIT - Ooops, my bad.  It's projected to be 104 on Sunday...

fuk gonna be the same here with the humidity! I'm melting, to fat and hairy for this poop!

Well.......it's only supposed to be in the 90's over the weekend here in the DC area. BUT......we'll have about the same number in humidity. YEA! Swamp ass anyone?

Yeeeckkk! I hate this area in the summer time.

I hear you brother, spend most the day on a roof trying to track down a water leak in a dehumid unit, I think I'd rather slam my head in a car door

Fuk me, I was tired this morning - but is was a great day!  Mike brought a buddy from work, so it was just us 3.  The Can Cannon got a workout with tennis balls and cheapass sodas.  I think we ruined the new guy - he'd never shot anything before, so he got his chance today!  He started right away on the Can Cannon, and went to the Mossberg MVP 5.56 rifle.  We started cycling him through the other stuff, to the 300WSM bolt gun and the 45-70.  He had a pretty damn good time!

Two good tests on new barrels today, both Faxon barrels, I will say.  The 16" midlength .308 barrel is a killer, and dead nutz accurate.  Finally got the scope dialed in on that one, and the rifle runs fantastic.  DWilson complete BCG ran flawlessly.  I picked up two of those SLR Rifleworks shorty brakes about a month ago, when they had them listed at $15 each.  One is already bored up for the .338 Fed, and the other one went on this rifle.  Man, you talk about a side blast!  I didn't warn Mike, and he was eating the shock wave right away...   lmao...  It keeps the rifle down, though, that's for damn sure.  I didn't know if I'd like it or not, but I do.

Also fired up the new lightweight AR, and that little thing runs like a champ, too - another great Faxon barrel.  I will say, you can heat that pencil profile up.  I started it at 25 yards on a sighting target, on the yet-unfired PA red dot.  Came in 2" low and 1" right.  Made some corrections to the sight, and was about 3/4" high and centered at 25.  Ran it on steel at 100, went down 2 clicks on the elevation, and that thing was ringing steel with every shot.  I didn't cool the barrel, but went through a 20-round mag in a minute, everything on steel. 

Here's Mike on the 16" .308AR.

It seems that the AZ crew is more diligent about providing their AARs immediately after when the Intel is still fresh. Noticed that the Cali crew still hasn't posted about their exploits and that happened yesterday! 

Looks like a lot of fun fellas. Glad to see it! Now...more vids & pics please.