• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Brownells Branded 308AR Magazines $17

imschur

I think the point was paying $19 for mags that looked like they were drug behind the mail truck. 

I personally haven't the slightest objection to paying a good bit more for mags that are both functional AND aesthetically pleasing.

These kinds of offerings are for those simpletons who only want their gear to function correctly. Of course, a devil's advocate might point out that a pretty finish could go out the window within 5 minutes of being unpackaged, but that's neither here nor there.

A good finish can be just as functional as aesthetic, prevents rust, slicker surface inside, grippy on the outside. If they skimped on the visible part then what did they do for a spring????????

All the more reason to pay more, price should be proportional to the practical value, within reason of course. Who has posted up an equivalent item priced the same or cheaper that is cosmetically nicer?

All the more reason to pay more, price should be proportional to the practical value, within reason of course. Who has posted up an equivalent item priced the same or cheaper that is cosmetically nicer?

Not much more in price, polymer, but a top notch reputation, good customer service, and no finish issues to worry about;

https://www.primaryarms.com/Magpul_PMAG_20_LR_SR_GEN_M3_7_62x51_Magazine_Bl_p/mag291blk.htm

Not much more in price, polymer, but a top notch reputation, good customer service, and no finish issues to worry about;

https://www.primaryarms.com/Magpul_PMAG_20_LR_SR_GEN_M3_7_62x51_Magazine_Bl_p/mag291blk.htm

That's a heckuva price for Magpul kit for sure, if they were a site sponsor I'd be racking 'em up. Since they're not though, I still say Brownells has a pretty good price for what they're offering there.

Edited by Matt.Cross

My favor is often paid for by my friends in the form of magazines. A wise man once said, "lead and brass will be the currency of the future, and mags will be the wallets we carry them in."

I have uncountable AR15 mags, aluminum, steel and Magpul, all loaded and packed up in ammo cans. I have a sizable stash of .308 mags as well... but keeping them loaded is a bit more costly.

I am not bias to any mags. One can never have enough. All shapes, sizes, colors and material.

Edited by Robocop1051

Some don't like to use or buy Plastic Mags , just the way some feel . I have a bunch of AR 15 Brownells mags & they are top notch , both in Finnish & performance, but one has to wonder , if the finish is so bad on the out side , how is it on the inside & how will it effect performance .

I for one , find it even hard to believe that Brownells even accepted any product that looked like this . Makes one wonder if they are trying to dump these artistically, unpleasing to the eye, Mags . It would be another thing I find hard to believe .

I just finished an order & forgot to order one , so I will on my next one , if no one else gets one first & evaluate them .

brownells_308_mag.thumb.jpg.8bd4ead0b329brownells_308_mag2.thumb.jpg.751947ded5dbrownells_308_mag_3.thumb.jpg.02c59ac8e5