• Visit Site
  • Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

New to the site and a brand new LR-308 Oracle

Good evening folks. I just purchased a DPMS LR-308 Oracle and couldn't be happier. My wife on the other hand....LOL What's that old sayin about it's better to ask for forgiveness than permision? ;) I got a smokin deal on it and was not about to pass it up. And this forums seems like a great place to hang out. I should take delivery next week of my new Panther and can't wait to start the break in procedure. I have a Millet red dot I'll use for the optics for now. Should be a great home defence and hunting rifle. Looking forward to some range time.

Thanks for having me,

Shane

Welcome from another Texas (Comanche County) DPMS LR308 Oracle shooter, have had mine for a year. added a Bushnell Mildot 1-4x scope, works for me out past 400 yards, Geissele trigger Beachin sling and a rubber butt pad. Works well on hogs and other dangerous critters like Bambi's daddy.

Welcome from another Texas (Comanche County) DPMS LR308 Oracle shooter, have had mine for a year. added a Bushnell Mildot 1-4x scope, works for me out past 400 yards, Geissele trigger Beachin sling and a rubber butt pad. Works well on hogs and other dangerous critters like Bambi's daddy.

That's pretty much the all I want for a scope. I installed my Millet Red Dot on it for now. I do like the Beachin sling. I need a front sling post for the fore end. What butt pad did you go with? And thanks for all the warm welcomes!

My new addition.

WP_20151230_14_58_42_Rich.thumb.jpg.6fb8

Edited by beantown

That's pretty much the all I want for a scope. I installed my Millet Red Dot on it for now. I do like the Beachin sling. I need a front sling post for the fore end. What butt pad did you go with? And thanks for all the warm welcomes!

My new addition.

WP_20151230_14_58_42_Rich.thumb.jpg.6fb8

This one : from AMAZON

71Eky9SvNDL._SL1500_.jpg

Edited by mrmackc

Thanks Mr. Mac that will work perfect! And the Amazon pics show it on darn near the same stock as the Oracle.

Great idea for a .308  Thanks for posting.

Which part? the butt pad? The red dot? You'll have to excuse me as I'm a confoosed blonde! LOL

Edited by beantown

I was referring to the buttpad.  I've never seen a red dot by that manufacturer.

My Millett Red Dot is over 20 years old. I believe it's a 2 MOA dot. It may even be smaller because on a 25 yard range it pretty much is the same size as a .22 caliber hole. The dot is tiny to say the least. They were bought out by Bushnell IIRC. I used that scope for NRA slow fire matches and it was mounted on a Ruger Mark II bull barrel pistol. Tack driver of a pistol for sure. Until I can afford a 1x4x30 scope it will work fine for out to about 150 yards. I'll find out just how far I can stretch it this weekend. And that butt pad is awesome for the factory DPMS 6 position stock. Dang I love this place!

Edited by beantown