• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Coyote

survivalshop

I missed a chance to put this one in Coyote land in the sky . I could have shot it with my 45-70 , but thought about my neighbors & scrambled for one of my .22's that were put away , but not in time . Watched it look both way & cross the street to the other Power line cut .

IMG_2815.thumb.JPG.a98e3519d4868a904abd5

IMG_2813.thumb.JPG.9e3757b2ea7083de43489

I did put a 45-70 into one in Ohio this Deer Gun season , long shot in the Fog & it went into the Big Rocks & in the Fog I lost where it went or even precisely where I shot it at . 

isn't it amazing the way they learn...

I had one come out of the woods, walked to the edge of the road, look both ways, saw me coming and walked back to the edge of the woods and sat till I passed... looking in the mirror I saw him walk back to the edge of the road, look and then walked out into the middle of the road, and walked in the opposite direction like he owned it...

Its about -10 out and the moon is bright we got a fresh snow last night. Not 10 min ago and there's a pack of them running somthing in the corn field on the other side the tree line. Stood and listened for a sec but like I said its -10 out lol.

would really like to have taken the .556 down there but idt the local PD woulda been happy

• 2 months later...
6 hours ago, Hoff said:

Lol Shepp its wisconsin anyway let them yotes have it! I live in southeast wisconsin so I know the feeling there are so many coyotes its nuts. except when I hunt them, then they disappear

I'm south of Madison. 

I noticed your new to the forum welcome and feel free to post up in the intro area

On 1/12/2016 at 6:25 PM, survivalshop said:

I missed a chance to put this one in Coyote land in the sky . I could have shot it with my 45-70 , but thought about my neighbors & scrambled for one of my .22's that were put away , but not in time . Watched it look both way & cross the street to the other Power line cut .

IMG_2815.thumb.JPG.a98e3519d4868a904abd5

IMG_2813.thumb.JPG.9e3757b2ea7083de43489

I did put a 45-70 into one in Ohio this Deer Gun season , long shot in the Fog & it went into the Big Rocks & in the Fog I lost where it went or even precisely where I shot it at . 

There are cattlemen around here that will pay you for each head, every head, heads all year long. Some I've seen some who hang them on fence-lines as warnings to other coyotes in the area.

Put this big male down with my SI Defense shorty with a holosun RedDot and an EliteIron CQC Elite suppressor. He was coming off the calving grounds early this morning  

Bottom pic is my SI Defense 308  the suppressor is an Elite Iron STFU. took this young female at about 300 meters a few weeks ago. 

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

17 hours ago, jtallen83 said:

I sure miss taking my shift on overwatch during calving season, the one time of year the yotes made themselves easily available to me. Whack one for me Brother!

Will do brother. they have been over running us this year. Our gov trapper shot 800 coyotes in 2015 and you can't tell that he's even been out. They are becoming very wise to calling anymore so many people doing it. Our deer population has gone way down do to disseas and one horrible winter so everyone who never called before just bought a fox pro and educated them. I get most mine powerstroking them down in a wheat field with my F350. ??

• 5 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

One of my friends at the Ohio Hunt Camp shot these this morning Turkey Hunting . He made a couple of Yelps & they cam out from under A big rock about twenty yards from him , two shots with a 12 ga., 3 1/2 mag ,#4 Turkey loads . This rock is real close to my Tree Stand .

Puppy Love 

IMG_1291.JPG