• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

870 gear

DNP

my dad just picked up a new 870....well, paid for it. Can't take it home for a few more days. Where is the right spot to pick up some parts? He is set on wanting to try out the magpul furniture. Already has an extended tube I believe. What are the other fun swaps on this gun?

the bull pup and the shorty are cool, but he will wind up using this in classes and maybe on duty once he is active with the local police department. He's through everything he needs and he's doing the second phase of the academy for a little extra training/knowledge right now. i should have mentioned in the first post, where is the spot to shop with decent prices for tactical/LE 870 gear. Thanks guys. 

the bull pup and the shorty are cool, but he will wind up using this in classes and maybe on duty once he is active with the local police department. He's through everything he needs and he's doing the second phase of the academy for a little extra training/knowledge right now. i should have mentioned in the first post, where is the spot to shop with decent prices for tactical/LE 870 gear. Thanks guys. 

Wait a min... Didn't you say that your Dad bought this??? 

my dad just picked up a new 870....well, paid for it. Can't take it home for a few more days. Where is the right spot to pick up some parts? He is set on wanting to try out the magpul furniture. Already has an extended tube I believe. What are the other fun swaps on this gun?

How old is your Dad that he's just starting a LE career?

As for the bullpup... don't... I had one and it sucked. It's Hasbro plastic at best. Not worth half the $$. I was lucky to offload it to some other poor bastard.

I bought 99% of my 870 parts from DSGArms.com and Brownells.

http://forum.308ar.com/topic/10972-robocop1051s-old-rem-870-wingmaster/

Robo I think awhile back he stated his dad was doing some citizen patrol type thing?

this is my 870. Blackhawk stock, mag pul fore grip, Carlson barrel with Carlson door breach choke, + 3 tube extension and magpul barrel/extension clamp with sling attachment points

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Edited by shepp

He ran an 870 with a pistol grip at the range last Saturday. He says no pistol grip for him.  Thanks for the input guys.  I tried to tell him we could watch for sales and piece some stuff together, but he wants it immediately and bargains don't do anything for him.  Not sure what put a burr in his ass over this one.  The department he is under doesn't even use shotguns anymore, he's says they have switched to AR's.  The group he's with only runs .40cal Glock and a 30-30 lever.  Ran two shotgun classes and had to get himself an 870.

Yes, he's a little late in the game. He's  57. He joined up with our local mounted reserve. It's a group full of ex police chiefs and because of that, they have set themselves up with a pretty good program.  He'll work one main parade, ride at the mall during holidays, and help with sheriffs on search/rescue. All the perks of being LE....not a 40 hour a week job. They insure the truck trailer and horses while on duty.  When I get a little more free time, and my fat ass in shape...I'm going to join up as well. They are looking for some younger guys. 

He ran an 870 with a pistol grip at the range last Saturday. He says no pistol grip for him.  Thanks for the input guys.  I tried to tell him we could watch for sales and piece some stuff together, but he wants it immediately and bargains don't do anything for him.  Not sure what put a burr in his ass over this one.  The department he is under doesn't even use shotguns anymore, he's says they have switched to AR's.  The group he's with only runs .40cal Glock and a 30-30 lever.  Ran two shotgun classes and had to get himself an 870.

Yes, he's a little late in the game. He's  57. He joined up with our local mounted reserve. It's a group full of ex police chiefs and because of that, they have set themselves up with a pretty good program.  He'll work one main parade, ride at the mall during holidays, and help with sheriffs on search/rescue. All the perks of being LE....not a 40 hour a week job. They insure the truck trailer and horses while on duty.  When I get a little more free time, and my fat ass in shape...I'm going to join up as well. They are looking for some younger guys. 

Gravy Job with Biscuit Wheels !

He needs to handle a Magpul 870 stock set up , its great . I have it on my Slug gun for Ohio Deer hinting & its a world of difference compared to a Factory set up . You can change the stock length with different recoil pad thickness & different cheek risers . I have photo's around here some where , if not I will dig her out & take some more photo's .

Remington PFS-87 Folding stock. These are very nice, and were available on the 870P back in the '80s. You can carry the 18" 870 slung under your shoulder (and slicker) when running fences or feeding stock. It eliminates a lot of the worry about varmints (two legged and otherwise). Might be pricey, but sometimes available on ebay and GB. Make sure the attaching bolt is included, or it will be a full time job finding one.

Charlie

pix072116770.jpg

I don't know what got the burr in his ads to get one. I don't think he'll be using it on duty. The department he is with isn't carrying shotguns much anymore. They have mostly switched to AR's. He will have a lever action 30-30 and a Glock for duty guns. 

How "tactical" does he want to go with that 30-30?

I don't know what got the burr in his ads to get one. I don't think he'll be using it on duty. The department he is with isn't carrying shotguns much anymore. They have mostly switched to AR's. He will have a lever action 30-30 and a Glock for duty guns. 

It can be done!!!

2028464_1.jpg

tactical_lever_action_rifle_comparison_by_zehfox-d5uwwrd.png

pws-tactical-lever-action.jpg