• Visit Site
  • Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

My flagship survival knkfe design

Hey guys, I remember that there used to be a section for us blade guys, and I can't find it, so please move my post if I'm in the wrong place, and I apologize in advance.

It's been awhile, but last time I checked in here I was in the prototype phase with my survival knife, which ended up being called the Super Khuk, which is now going into mid tech production by Dry Creek Forge in Horsecave Ky.

The knife draws heavily on Nepalese Khukuris, but on many other modern knives and designs and designers as well.

The Knife all came together from testing knives, and being generally disappointed in handling performance in one way or another.

Anyways, without further adieu, here is the release footage! A chicken gets skinned... So if your feint of heart, maybe this isn't the video, or the Knife, for you.

My partners has G10 grips, but these first 5 production pieces for blade will be canvas micarta, with the exception of one in some CRAZY wood.

Outside of that, these will be available as semi customs, so for handle materials, the sky will be the limit!

80crv2 is the steel we are using. Can it shave after cutting down a tree? Probably, there are a lot of factors involved, like how much dirt is on the tree, what type of tree, and what size, but most likely, yes! It's holds an incredible edge and is super, Super tough.

First production run of 12 knives is planned to be around $350. With all that goes into making one of these, and comparatively on the market, that is probably quite a bit too cheap, but my partner and I will be getting paid 0, and $100 will go back to the business.

I'll get some sweet pictures up once I get them up on a photo sharing sight :-)

3 hours ago, beachmaster said:

Peter has helped me, but not directly on this design.

I'll actually be at a table right next to him at BladeShow!

I only wondered because of your connection. I don't see much, if any, of his influence on your knife. You did a hell of a job there.

What are your sheaths looking like? Kydex? Leather?

Currently the sheath option is Leather. Getting professional Kydex done that is PREMIUM is expensive, and people buying a knife in this price range will know the difference between a good garage kydex sheath, and a primo one.

So, right now we have some sweet leather, and it is affordable, so we can offer than and keep the price acceptable :-D