• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

40 S&W

survivalshop

Ok , I've decided to purchase a 40 for my next HG , not too crazy about having to set up for another caliber , but because of so many PD's & such have gone to this caliber , I feel a need to have one for a verity of reasons . 

I'm cheap , so not going with the big $$ Sig's or anything like that , I will not buy another S&W , though I like my Shield carrie & not sure of the Glock with its unsupported Chamber ( or have they changed that ? )

I like the Springfield XDS's , I have four & that my be they way I go , but what say you'all , give me some other choices or info . Thanks 

Why?

You're choosing to move to .40 S&W when scores of agencies across the nation are dumping it.  They are moving mostly to the 9mm Luger, due to cost constraints and training budgets.  A few are going up to .45 Auto.

Now that I've done my duty to dissuade you from the .40 choice, I too like the XD pistols in all flavors.  Hard to go wrong there.

I dumped my .40 Sig SP2022. It was an ok pistol. You can get them for under $500, but they are bulky, though light. I just did not see any real advantage to the caliber. I should have got a 10mm. Or a 357 Sig. Maybe an ok caliber for a cc pistol with proper ammo, in a smaller XD.

Damn & here I thought every PD was making the .40S&W std equipment , didn't know they were switching out & going backwards . Maybe thats why a couple of weeks ago while waiting for my wife's car to get serviced at the dealership & went into Gander Mountain next door , that they had a whole counter with used S&W M&P 40's in there , must have been a doz. or so .  I though it was jus because of they were S&W's :laffs:

Well then , never mind , you guy's talked me out of it , I was never hot on the idea anyway , I 'll buy another 1911 :thumbup:

3 hours ago, planeflyer21 said:

Lot's of folks say it's blasphemy but check out a 9mm 1911!

The new Springfield EMP 4 is appealing , a little more then what I want to spend & its non-compatibility with std 1911 parts doesn't turn me on .

Edited by survivalshop