• Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

First 308 build

B0fuh

7 minutes ago, shepp said:

There have been some guys who've had issues with it in the past, the KISS method  is always a good one. Someone here once said build them with standard parts once you get her running get some ammo thru her, then maybe start tricking her out. Thought that was good advice.

maybe shoot that company an email too

68476494.jpg

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

13 hours ago, Matt.Cross said:

My guns are my children, my children are just tax breaks so I can buy guns with my tax refund. It's vicious how it works....

Hahahaha, vicious indeed, one of those things where it's best the kids learn that life lesson on their own.  

38 minutes ago, JJ109 said:

Check out this guys finding on vseven buffer tube. Makes you wonder is the really high quality stuff is really lighter. 

That's a good video, thanks for posting that.  I'm not actually concerned about the extra few bucks but hopefully you'll save someone money that will be concerned.  It's just one of those parts that as long as it's equally functional, I can accept a slightly higher price tag for a better looking product.

Edited by B0fuh

26 minutes ago, B0fuh said:

That's a good video, thanks for posting that.  I'm not actually concerned about the extra few bucks but hopefully you'll save someone money that will be concerned.  It's just one of those parts that as long as it's equally functional, I can accept a slightly higher price tag for a better looking product.

My, choice in buffer tubes and preferences include thread quality the finish and smoothness of the inside of the tube as well as the outside finish.. after all that tube fills an important functionality of the rifle.

BOfuh, 

Looks like you will have yourself a very nice rifle when finished. I have the Luth-AR stock MBA-1 stock kit on my LR308 build. Its lighter and cheaper then the Magpul PRS stock. 

Very user friendly from my experience. Everyone has their own thing when it comes to stocks cause no matter what if your not comfortable shooting with it, then its not for you.

9 minutes ago, unforgiven said:

Just catching up on your parts list bro, that rifle is going to be sweet.

Thanks brother man, my next order is going to include the proof barrel.   I have to make sure my other orders arrive first and they're supposed to ship this week.   Shot show had things pretty tied up last week.  

Okay ladies and gents, for future reference......if you ever consider ordering any parts from ground zero precision, I recommend calling before placing the order to make sure they actually have the parts in stock like they say.   It's not a dig on quality or customer service by any means, just a failure to keep their inventory updated on their website.  I 100% believe this is due to the spike in demand with the changing laws because most manufacturers are struggling to keep up.  I'm just an under promise/over deliver person and have been less than thrilled with them on both orders I've placed so far.   

Either way, heads up, call before you order.  

Many online vendors #1 priorities are getting orders coming in for our products thatshown on our website,.....then let Mikey worry about filling the orders, Jack take care of the inventory, "Jack keep the costs of your inventory down!"  and Sally worry about customer service it makes for a big happy owner!

1 hour ago, mrmackc said:

Many online vendors #1 priorities are getting orders coming in for our products thatshown on our website,.....then let Mikey worry about filling the orders, Jack take care of the inventory, "Jack keep the costs of your inventory down!"  and Sally worry about customer service it makes for a big happy owner!

Hahahaha, yeah that's understandable.  They're good people, friendly, and helpful....  I'm happy with them and the parts they sell.   I just kinda wish I'd have known ahead of time so I could spread out the order and pay for two shipments.....in stock/back order.  I'll call next week and see if I can pay two shipping charges to have them send the parts I want now.  

5 minutes ago, DNP said:

You're gonna tease us all the way through...aren't ya?  It's like a backwards strip-tease...never been so excited to see what she'll put on next. 

Hahahaha, yessir.  It's driving me crazy too.  my handguard just shipped today so when I pull the trigger on the barrel, it will be nearly complete