• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Broken extractor pin

nick65

Hello and thanks for the add. I have a Aramalite AR10 with around 800 rounds thru it. Today at the range I had failure to eject after shooting around 70 rounds. I thought the lip on the extractor broke so I packed up and went home When I took the BCG apart I found the extractor pin sheared off. Has anyone seen this before and where can I find one. I checked all the usual sites and no one even has a bolt repair kit in stock. I ordered one from Midway but dont know when it will come. Thanks in advance. Nick

I didn't have the extractor pin shear, but I had the O ring under the extractor spring break, and caused the same thing. Replaced it and it works fine.Might want to see if Armalite has any AR10 field repair kits. I think they might have DC'd them after MRaley left, but I am not sure. 

54 minutes ago, unforgiven said:

That's as good a price as Armalite has when they are in stock, They are out right now but you can get a notification when they have them in;

https://armalite.com/shop/ar-10-field-repair-kit/

Edited by jtallen83

Be careful with delta 3 tactical. They don't always necessarily show if something is in stock or not. At least not properly all of the time. I've ordered parts from them before and waited a long time for it to finally get to my door.

I'm not bashing them by any means. I'd still order from them if I needed to. But I'd call them just to be sure.

Thanks for all the replies. Midway had the pins in stock so i got them and repaired the bolt. Put 80 rounds thru it yesterday seemed to be ok.I also just got from Midway a bolt repair kit. Is the spring on the firing pin just for the AR10? I also emailed delta3 and asked if they have the AR10 kit in stock before i order it. Thanks again to all

• 4 weeks later...
3 hours ago, unclemoak said:

Apparently I need to look through the forums a little more often. 

Let me know now if you need any parts. 

You're good, Dave - you're busy enough as it is, and that's understandable.  People can PM you, as well.  :thumbup: