• Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Magpul X22 backpack

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

12 hours ago, COBrien said:

I'd hesitate to leave an optic mounted when it's all packaged up in "backpack mode." Seems like asking for trouble.

That mount ain't moving. Did you look close at the attachment method?  It's not going anywhere, even if you swing it at something.

First, it goes over that spike sticking out of the bottom of the barrel. Second, it's clamped around the barrel.

I'd hit someone with it, and bet it would still be right on the money.  :thumbup:

Backpacker mount 1.png

Backpacker mount 2.png

I forgot to mention the bushnel scope before the new one was a highscrewel gift from the boys. Almost made it 20 years! The rifel got a threaded barrel as well in lou  of my gov pay and wait for the ride purchase! Still waitng for the gov to catch up on my bday present..... 

10 hours ago, 98Z5V said:

That mount ain't moving. Did you look close at the attachment method?  It's not going anywhere, even if you swing it at something.

First, it goes over that spike sticking out of the bottom of the barrel. Second, it's clamped around the barrel.

I'd hit someone with it, and bet it would still be right on the money.  :thumbup:

It's not the mount I'd be worried about, it's the optic itself.

The way it just sticks out there, it seems like it would be vulnerable if you're crashing through the woods with it in a backpack.

A QD mount (i.e., Warne QD rings or something similar) would definitely be on my short list for that rifle, regardless of optic choice.