• Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Baba Yaga

Jetdoc

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for the comment CR ! The barrel isn't marketed as a bull.It was a personal decision on my part to use a standard muzzle instead of a comp , brake or flash hider. I wanted to be different. I'm wired that way.

Thanks Jetfoc, different can be good.

Just wanted to see if there was a technical reason you went that way with it. I believe most hunting and  competition barrels go that route so they can take more rapid shots and the heat won't affect POI, if I'm not mistaken. I just have a lot to learn and tend to ask when I want to understand. ? 

Went back this morning .... I believe shes settled in. 5 boxes of ammo , a mix of factory and hand loads. Zero issues , functionality was spot on. These were at 100yrds . The steel also was ringing at the 300 line.

IMG_7800-1.JPG

IMG_7802-1.JPG

IMG_7803-1.JPG

IMG_7805-1.JPG

Edited by Jetdoc
text

Jet way to go man ! I have similar smooth concrete benches at my range.. my latest idea is to bring a tie down or ratchet strap so i can load up on the bipod without slipping on the smooth surface. Add the strap semi loose around the end of the bench and take up any slack with the bipod?  Hope that makes sense, ill do a picture next time to the range. 

7 hours ago, sketch said:

Jet way to go man ! I have similar smooth concrete benches at my range.. my latest idea is to bring a tie down or ratchet strap so i can load up on the bipod without slipping on the smooth surface. Add the strap semi loose around the end of the bench and take up any slack with the bipod?  Hope that makes sense, ill do a picture next time to the range. 

Thanks for the idea Sketch....Yes it makes sense. I was thinking of a 2x4 and a few clamps. either way it'll get the job done. :thumbup:

• 2 years later...

Well, I know I have the bug. I replaced the scope and charging handle.  The Nightforce is great but my eyes were having a difficult time focusing. Heading to Payson tomorrow for some shooting. 

58042922275__337AA1FF-4180-4868-B8AA-4C4DD56F5E10.jpeg

IMG_3244.jpeg

IMG_3245.jpeg

Edited by Jetdoc

On 5/7/2017 at 8:52 AM, jtallen83 said:

All that's left is figuring out what best to feed the beast:thumbup:

JT....So far she likes 44 grns of BL-C (2) and 168grn Sierra HPBT pills. Maybe there's something better but I'm having too much fun now to give a dam.  😎

Edited by Jetdoc