• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Yet another remmington recall

2 hours ago, sketch said:

After some links it looks to be the same recall of the triggers? There was a 60 min show that brought light to it again. Trial is said to have a ruling this month but nothing yet? Either way no thanks!!

Two 60minute shows and two NBC shows. Untold number of people killed by the Rem700. Payoffs keep mouths shut. I am not a fan. Great gun ... But swap out the trigger before you ever use it !

5 hours ago, MikedaddyH said:

Two 60minute shows and two NBC shows. Untold number of people killed by the Rem700 by people who are completely unable to abide by the simple rule ALWAYS keep the muzzle pointed in a safe direction. Payoffs keep mouths shut. I am not a fan. Great gun ... But swap out the trigger before you ever use it !

FIFY

As sad as these events are when they come to pass, anyone would be hard pressed to convince me this rule wasn't violated.  Casual handling of firearms of any type is far too common, far too accepted.

49 minutes ago, planeflyer21 said:

FIFY

As sad as these events are when they come to pass, anyone would be hard pressed to convince me this rule wasn't violated.  Casual handling of firearms of any type is far too common, far too accepted.

EXACTLY!!!!! I watch one of the dateline's on this 5-6 years ago and every incident was a violation

2 minutes ago, shepp said:

EXACTLY!!!!! I watch one of the dateline's on this 5-6 years ago and every incident was a violation

That one MSNBS did brought the Remington issue to the forefront again.

If I was one of their lawyers, I'd say "We agree to pay X-amount, so long as victim-Y becomes a firearms safety instructor for the rest of their life."

I'd bet their students would never hear "It's okay, the gun is unloaded," or "No problem, my finger was off the trigger," or "No it wasn't pointed at you!"

That bullcrap most certainly doesn't cut it when your child is doing the Floppy Coyote for the last 30 seconds of their life.

On 2/27/2017 at 8:08 PM, shepp said:

^^^   That link right there, INSIDE that article...  That is the OLD link to the Remington Recall, when they first announced this recall.  It's not another, or a new recall.  Some a$$hole just published his news story with a date of 20 Feb 2017, because he JUST watched that "newest" 60-Minutes bullshiit... 

Edited by 98Z5V

Here's the direct link to the recall contained in that article quote in the first post in this thread:

http://xmprecall.remington.com/

Now, check THIS shiit out...  Open the link to the recall in THIS thread...

Twins.  Takes you to THE SAME PAGE... 

So, there is NOT a "new recall" or "another recall" on the Rem 700 or the XMP trigger...  :thumbup:

Here is Remington's response about that "new" 60 Minutes story, issued by Remington on 22 Feb 2017:

http://www.guns.com/2017/02/22/remington-responds-to-60-minutes-story-on-the-dangers-of-the-model-700/

http://www.guns.com/2017/02/22/remingtons-response-to-60-minutes/

And, straight from the horse's mouth:

https://www.remington.com/news/2017/remington-responds-60-minutes

Edited by 98Z5V

^^^  THAT'S what I say, as well...  Two with one shot.  There's no such thing as "coincidence..." 

The other case - IF the barrel wasn't POINTED at son #2, by son #1, then...  he wouldn't have been hit.  Muzzle awareness.