• Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Lost art of cut shells

Madhouse

• 6 months later...

Hiya  been doing cut shells since 1989...we were doing our tues nite skket league when one of my squad members after the shoot showed me the cut shell deal...freakin wild.. the shell was sent over 150 plus yds into a lake behind the skeet field...one thing  dont be using a tight choke when doing this....you may cause a boomer inside the barrel <munch>  Wash

• 1 year later...
  • 3 years later...

Just re-read your post and think about it. 

"Those look cool, but I have something better-here's a name most of you haven't heard of before and zero explanations of what they are.

Oh, BTW- that link at the top of the page doesn't work. I hunted the information down, but I'm not here to share....only to be entertained."

Seriously, it would be like opening a guy's refrigerator and telling him he's out of beer. "I did drive down to the local market and check...it's $8.99 for a six pack.  You should put some back in the fridge so it will be there for me next time."

I am in no way saying its your responsibility to hunt down info for the site, but if you are right there...staring at it...for the love of God- hook someone up man!  

Great advice DNP.  I'll keep that in mind for the future.

Blue, if you watched the video, he clearly stated they used to do that to turn their shot shells into slugs years ago.  To me, although it's nice to know how to do that, I'll just stick with slugs.  It would be pretty silly cut a slug shell when the purpose of cutting a shot shell was to turn it into a slug now wouldn't it...

Thanks for all the help though guys.

As a teenager back in the 1950s we cut shotgun shells just behind the shot wad with a sharp pocket knife on PAPER bird shot hulls and shot like slugs. usually with a single shot, you gotta be careful, sometimes it will keave some of the hull in the bore and the next shot is deadly...to the shooter!

Edited by mrmackc