• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

New 45ACP Shield

mineralman55

Got my new M&P 45ACP Shield. This is one nice piece of equipment! The feel in the hand is just right, very slim and balanced. It is only a hair bigger than my 9mm Shield. The texture is very grippy but it won't abrade your skin. Like all new M&Ps, it is very stiff and will need a few hundred rounds to break in and loosen up. Took it to the range for some break in. The 230 grain ball Winchester White Box was flawless feeding and function. My 200 grain LSWC with 7.4 grains AA#5 was very good. These had two feeding hang ups, both on the last round in the magazine. This is a shooter! It's a bit snappier than the 9mm, but for a compact, single-stack 45ACP it is very controllable. A little more practice and familiarity and this will become my carry gun. Hits point of aim from 7-10 yds. First three rounds out of each mag just obliterated the "X" in most targets. I was flinching a bit, but that's okay, I'll get used to it. In the second pic the 45ACP is on the left. In the third pic the 9mm Shield is underneath, you can barely see the smaller trigger guard. Target pic is just a typical one, some targets were a lot better, some were worse. All in all, S&W hit a home run with this one. The current deals on it make it a steal.

45shieldbbl.jpg

shieldssidebyside.jpg

shieldsstacked.jpg

45shield 200 lswc.jpg

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So I have to admit that after ordering the Sheild 9mm on sale I saw the 40 & 45s were on sale too...I wrestled with the idea about picking them up for two whole nights before I broke down and bought those too. 

I figured at these prices with the rebate included that I couldn't in good conscience pass them up.

The writing is on the wall now, clear as day...  In about 4 weeks, we're gonna see a BUNCH of new Shield owners asking fukkin' questions about why their 308 build doesn't work.

Edited by 98Z5V

1 hour ago, 98Z5V said:

The writing is on the wall now, clear as day...  In about 4 weeks, we're gonna see a BUNCH of new Shield owners asking fukkin' questions about why their 308 build doesn't work.

It's explained right there on the receiver...

It's a Piece of Shit, Asshole!

:box1:

8 hours ago, 98Z5V said:

6 hours ago, Matt.Cross said:

It's explained right there on the receiver...

It's a Piece of Shit, Asshole!

:box1:

:lmao: It'll be a little longer than 4 weeks...you have to consider PSA's turn around time on shipping. I give it 5 or 6 weeks! :laffs:

7 hours ago, Malig8r said:

MM I just want to point the finger at you since it was your post that caused me two nights of restless sleep about whether or not to buy the 40 & 45 versions since they were on sale plus the rebate!!!  :bitchslap: :laffs:

Welcome to a den of world class Enablers!

:laffs:

I've already got some 9mm SIGs, and one .45 P320, but that SIG is quite a bit to pack around a while... so... I bought a S&W Shield from Cabela's last Wed.  Shoots pretty well, but had to tap the front sight left as the group kept hitting left. Trigger felt a bit "gritty" at first, but managed to work that out.  That trigger transfer bar, the stamped one that pushes also the striker block out of the way... funny looking thing, and looks like simple stamped metal.  Little bird special... cheap cheap cheap.  but serves what it is supposed to do. 

I really like the weight of the pistol for carry though.  Loaded up with SIG Sauer V-Crown 200 gr.  I am wondering how well my Winchester Ranger T  230 gr will do in such a short barrel?

I got in on the rebate MM and also had a $50 gift card from Christmas... 2015!  and used that, along with a local price match that got the initial price down to $380.10. :)

I like my 9MM Shield , I carry it daily , but will not buy another S&W , the PPKS was recalled & had to go back twice , the Shield was recalled two weeks after I got it . It shoots good though & I believe in it , other wise I wouldn't depend on it with my life , but no more S&W 's. 

I carry the Shield more then my PM 45 anymore .

On ‎4‎/‎20‎/‎2017 at 10:34 PM, 98Z5V said:

BWAAAHAHAHAHAHA that's the line of the day.

6 hours ago, Armed Eye Doc said:

I succumbed to the temptation. $275 after rebate.

Good for you!

I got a CYA iwb holster for mine. Fits beautifully. Took it out for a second outing today. Great accuracy. Trigger takes some getting used to, as the take-up is very short and light, but the final trigger pull  to get it to break feels like 8lbs! I hope this loosens up with time.

13 hours ago, mineralman55 said:

Good for you!

I got a CYA iwb holster for mine. Fits beautifully. Took it out for a second outing today. Great accuracy. Trigger takes some getting used to, as the take-up is very short and light, but the final trigger pull  to get it to break feels like 8lbs! I hope this loosens up with time.

Glad to hear that you like the holster...I ordered one and it will be delivered Tuesday...thanks Amazon Prime :thumbup:

Edited by Malig8r
Clarification