• Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

I like food too much.

Sisco

42 minutes ago, Sisco said:

Modest is ok just stick with it. Had a steak a salad and some raspberries tonight so you don't have to starve yourself. Just get rid of the fillers.

Been eating more chicken and fish, saving the beef and pork butt for Friday nights. Gave up on most bread and potatoes. Eating more whole grains and brown rice for carbs. Lots of beans and vegetables. Cheeses have been the hardest for me to moderate, that and giving up my homemade sourdough bread:( 

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

11 minutes ago, jtallen83 said:

Been eating more chicken and fish, saving the beef and pork butt for Friday nights. Gave up on most bread and potatoes. Eating more whole grains and brown rice for carbs. Lots of beans and vegetables. Cheeses have been the hardest for me to moderate, that and giving up my homemade sourdough bread:( 

Bread rice grains and potato's are unfortunately history for me. I am resigned to never eating them again. I am eating so many berries lately I am passing more seeds than a Chickadee!:banana:

1 hour ago, mineralman55 said:

I'm a sucker for a quality cheesesteak! It's a good thing for me most places don't know how to make even a passable one.

A local Mexican restaurant makes a giant killer Philly Cheesesteak Burrito. I gotta stay out of that place!

• 1 month later...

2 Surgeries and all, I got the cast off from the ankle surgery yesterday and was able to slip my walking boot off this morning and weigh myself. I have lost 36 pounds since July 10. 2 more pounds and I am halfway to my goal. Have lost 4 inches from my waist, and went from XXXL shirts to XXL.  When I get these foot casts and walking boots behind me, I can get serious about PT. Although walking 200 yards on crutches I am finding is pretty good upper body work. 

29 minutes ago, washguy said:

Sisco   this is no $hit....you be sure the boot is the right size and has been fitted to you......that's how Char fractured her back...wrong boot not fitted....      :thumbup:   Wash

Wash, the boot they put on my right foot in August triggered the problems with the left ankle. We knew there were bone spurs in there 4 years ago, but the angle I had to walk at with the corrective boot on the other foot triggered a couple to break off and start doing damage. Just pushed the problem up a few years as I had already been told I would eventually have issues with it. They had to special order size 13 4E boots for both my feet.

4 hours ago, washguy said:

They had to special order size 13 4E boots for both my feet......no $hit    so that's the reason you never put your foot in your mouth?

:laffs:   Wash

Washyou must never go in the politics :liar:section. I am putting my foot in my mouth over there all the time!

• 2 weeks later...

I was doing so good going 8 miles on a stationary bike in a half hr. Aint $hit if your young but I'm old and beat UP.  Went on the last leg of my retirement trip and ate /drank like I was going to the electric chair. Now I have to get back in the groove. Go back the the little hottie and tell her how that gabba the hut slob of a PT fuked up the nerves in my left arm bad. Trying to get this fixed now.

3 minutes ago, unforgiven said:

I was doing so good going 8 miles on a stationary bike in a half hr. Aint $hit if your young but I'm old and beat UP.  Went on the last leg of my retirement trip and ate /drank like I was going to the electric chair. Now I have to get back in the groove. Go back the the little hottie and tell her how that gabba the hut slob of a PT fuked up the nerves in my left arm bad. Trying to get this fixed now.

You gotta enjoy vacations brother, that is what they are there for. Stick with the hottie. If you gotta do PT at least enjoy the scenery.

3 hours ago, unforgiven said:

Not sure how this is going to play out with my left arm. My trigger finger is tingling likes its a sleep then the arm follows.

Daaaamn that suks   WTF?   5cc cortizone in the left shoulder.....and 5cc cortizone in trigger finger or until it squirts back out of finger followed by one shot of Padron       :thumbup:   Wash