• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Trigger pin size

RickedRoss

So google didn't make things clear for me. I just started shooting a gas gun series and I am trying to take parts and use them I currently have to supplement the cost of another rifle. I have a jp roller trigger with .156 small pin screws. I get you can use 5.56 triggers in a 7.62 gun but sometimes they have problems with military style ammo (primers). How true is this? What ar-10 lowers run small pin holes? I am unclear how common this is. Am I foolish to try and make this work?

41 minutes ago, RickedRoss said:

I have a jp roller trigger with .156 small pin screws.

It's a 0.154" pin size. Not 0.156"   You'd never get a 0.156" pin into a lower receiver without pounding the shiit out of it.

If you have issues setting off MilSpec Primers , there are several companies that make stronger Hammer Springs to remedy the issue ( the one piece Modular FCG's may be different ) . Most FCG's don't have the issue , I have & I'm sure some here have more , but I have probably a half doz. different FCG's I've tried in 308 AR's & have not had one issue with setting off primers on Milspec ammo .

I can say for sure from experience timney(ar15 version) and velocity have issues with hard 308 primers. 

I had an RRA trigger that would hit the bottom of the carrier and lock the gun up. Just had to remove a small amount of materiel to fix it but it happens.  

13 hours ago, RickedRoss said:

Thanks for clearing that up. 98Z5V the box says .156.

IMG_1342.JPG

I'd measure those things out, and see what's up  - you'll have one hell of a time pounding those into a lower receiver.  I kid you not. 

2 hours ago, DNP said:

All I'm saying is there are companies making them that size on purpose. I guess you'll need a BFH for the process

Some manufacturers make loose Pin Holes or they get loose with wear from walking . Usually ya just get over sized pins , but the whole FCG , never seen it till now , could also be someones idea of a proprietary components , ya never know .

Edited by survivalshop

• 3 years later...
  • 11 months later...