• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Optics & charging handle

SMSgt

Welcome to the forum feel free to tell us about yourself in the intro section.

i assume you mean the charging handle check this out

https://mechdefense.com/products/ar10-charging-handle-tacops-sniper-for-308

many of us run them, I really like mine wisconsin deer season with a glove I can get ahold of it.

I run the BCM Mod 4 ... but the extended charge latch might be slightly to long... it pokes into my gut when carrying it across my torso.

So if you can look at some of the BCM models... you can decide which you prefer.

I guess the same could be said for all the extended latch charging handles... lol

The MechArmor is far superior to the BCM, in this situation (scoped, magnified optics). I've got more than 15 BCM charging handles in various ARs, so that MechArmor vote of confidence is not given lightly, or with no experience between the two brands. 

Edited by 98Z5V

5 hours ago, bfoosh006 said:

I run the BCM Mod 4 ... but the extended charge latch might be slightly to long... it pokes into my gut when carrying it across my torso.

The Mod 3 would go right through your thorax, then...   :thumbup:

1 hour ago, 98Z5V said:

The MechArmor is far superior to the BCM, in this situation (scoped, magnified optics). I've got more than 15 BCM charging handles in various ARs, so that MechArmor vote of confidence is not given lightly, or with no experience between the two brands. 

What he said for sure!

• 2 weeks later...
27 minutes ago, Robocop1051 said:

I don't recommend ever doing it, but the MechArmor TacOps-1 is the CH I would feel safe "kick-starting" and not exploding or bending. 

Oh, you're gonna kick-start something this fall, and if you can get the fucker started - you have to ride it.   :banana:

All will be asked to rise to the CR-500 Challenge...   :embarrassed:

6 hours ago, Robocop1051 said:

I don't recommend ever doing it, but the MechArmor TacOps-1 is the CH I would feel safe "kick-starting" and not exploding or bending. 

It will.

I know.

As hard, and as much,  as I literally hammered on mine with both a claw hammer and a gunsmith hammer....yep, it will take kick stsrting, no worries!