• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

1911 to Glock?

beachmaster

Hey guys, I haven't been on here for WAY too long.

I haven't done NEARLY enough shooting with the 308ar, and the 7.62x39 build is at a standstill, essentially along with my business lol.

With that being said, I thought some of you might be interested in a little oddity in my life recently. I am swapping from my Sig 1911 which since I have joined I have been swearing by, and I am taking the plunge to the GlockLyfe. Ill never be a fan boy, and the Glocks will probably never get my blood going, but I have decided that its the direction that I need to go in.

You can watch the little video if you want to suffer having to listen to me talk about it more lol

And making the swap from 45acp to 9mm? I actually sold all of my 45acp as well. Time to stock up on 9mm!

Ill do a sale on my slings for any members here shortly, Ill post something up about that. And I am going to try to stick around here better, I need to make some changes!

I didn't  step to glock, but CZ75 clones for everything, 9mm replaced the 45acp, and I am not looking back longlingly at all. The reasons for me not going into the glock/xd/m&p/ or others of the striker fired has to do with the trigger discussion on the thread in your section. Besides the CZ75 fit is as perfect as can be for my hands without needing backstrap changes or anything else.

Just chose bullet types/brands carefully for carry with the 9mm. They have came a very long way in the past few years.

6 hours ago, beachmaster said:

I need to get into the cz75 deal. My buddy had a cz75 that was really cruddy, but I know that there are clones that are AWESOME.

I have never seen one in class though, so I don't know anything about their track record in that kind of environment.

I will say that they look AWESOME

All that I can tell you, as far as the class idea, is that mine functioned great through 635 rounds I had one failure to fire (totally ammo related) and one where there was a failure to go into battery completely (I chock that one up to operator grip sloppiness). And this gun had a couple hundred rounds through previous to class without cleaning, plus months of EDC when I could with only 2 periods of lube applied that I can remember.....non being just previous to class.

It is still a dirty pig, as I haven't  cleaned it yet, and the class was a month ago. I have no worries it will function fine if needed.

All this from a sub $400 gun....i paid $320 out the door.

SAR B6P.

e97nnd.jpg

B6P on top.

The slide mounted version is a safety/decocker model that worked like the Beretta 92. My B6P has the frame mounted safety, much like the 1911, and both can be carried safety off, DA/SA, with no problems. The decocker model is a Tanfoglio (Witness by any other name) FAB92,  imported for a short time.

Here is a link to the other side of the pistol.  https://www.rkguns.com/media/catalog/product/cache/1/image/800x800/9df78eab33525d08d6e5fb8d27136e95/1/7/17874060.jpg

The only caveat to the SAR line is that they are Turkish made, and thst causes problems for some.....not me.

After I posted the last thoughts, I had one more. But it had to wait for the morning.

The major drawback for going clone is usually the sights. They are something that is not easily replaced by aftermarket products. The SAR dovetails are something all of their own, the Canik S and P series are replacable with only one brand of sights (if I am remembering correctly), and Witness had a bit more aftermarket, but nothing like the Glock, XD, and so on. If you want to go this way, I do suggest looking into what is available for sights, if you are the type of person who neede to change these out or whatever, as this can be a major sticking point.

One other thought, there was one guy (custom gunsmith on the CZ Forum) who did change out sights, but came to the conclusion that it was NOT worth the cost for replacing SAR sights due to re machining the slide, refinishing, labor, sight cost, and making a gun that was already available for the same price elsewhere.....a true CZ75 with night sights, and dovetails that were supported by aftermarket products.

Does this make sense?

I guess in the end, you need to figure out if the pistol will work for you as is, and not worry about upgrades which more than likely are not available. Reality, it sucks sometimes.....but I can live with my choices and do not feel uncomfortable.

1 hour ago, beachmaster said:

Yeah, that's probably true...

It just seems like everybody I know here is over on that side of things.

I aught to see what I can find!

I'll drive to KY/TN what you got down there Jacob? 

Should work somthing out for next spring 

Edited by shepp

I went to the tupperware side too Jacob! I got tired of packing that 1911 and caught a ridiculous sale at PSA on S&W Shields (I hate the grip angle on Glocks). I bought one in 40 S&W since I have 2K rounds of factory ammo sitting on the shelf. It's a great packing gun but the little bastage has a kick with that hot azzed Border Patrol ammo!

I used to carry a 1911 , then a PPK/S , then I picked up a Kahr PM 45 & carried it till I got my M&P Shield. The Shield is an easy carry gun , light , slim , but the Trigger sux & with out a extended slide Guard , the rear Sight kinda digs into my not so slim Belly .

My out look now a days is , I need more ammo in the weapon before I need a Mag change , the PM 45 has six rounds with one in the Chamber & I carry an extra five round mag in a pouch on the inside IWB Holster , the 9mm Shield has Nine rounds with one in the Chamber & I want to , but don't have a extra mag carrier for it , but have looked . I used to carry the extra Mag in my Pocket , but it gets in the way .

I now want to carry a larger capacity firearm , I purchased a SIG P320 compact , has a 15 rd. mag & with one in the Chamber makes 16 rds. thats almost twice as many as the Shield , but much larger . Not an issue with concealment with the type of shirts I wear .The P320 with the drop fire possibility will not be carried until the Upgrade is done , but I also purchased a Sig M11-A1 Compact & just found out last night that the M11 fits perfectly into the new IWB holster for the P320C.

I no longer believe that the old stat's of 2-3 rounds average , for a fire fight are up to date with todays world , now I believe more is better , so I have made adjustments to my carry weapons . One can still say the 45 acp is all I need & it may be true to some extent , but I see the need for more capacity , because of the possible threat changes now a days , just look at the shootings that are going on & its quite clear to me , so going to a high capacity firearm , like a Glock , makes sense to me now .

I will be putting in major time with my Sigs , mostly the M11 until my P320 comes back.

Edited by survivalshop