• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

I love this trimmer

weaponizer

Every once in a while i'll trim something with my Forster trimmer, just to remind myself that it was worth the money for the Giraurd, especially with arthritis starting in my fingers....

I bought it set up for .223, and bought the extra .308 setup...For those who never used one it works like a pencil sharpener, shove the case in and it comes out trimmed and beveled inside and out... ;D

1011335.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

1011337.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

I got a little crow gun works "worlds finest trimmer".  It's a good compromise I think. You have to put it in a drill, and chamfer/debur after but its so much faster than the lee case length gauge style I was using. It has a ball bearing so it doesn't rub like the possum hollow one. It datums off the case neck so its quick to trim, and just uses an end mill bit. I use a RCBS case prep center to cham/debur after so it goes pretty quick.

I got a little crow gun works "worlds finest trimmer".  It's a good compromise I think. You have to put it in a drill, and chamfer/debur after but its so much faster than the lee case length gauge style I was using. It has a ball bearing so it doesn't rub like the possum hollow one. It datums off the case neck so its quick to trim, and just uses an end mill bit. I use a RCBS case prep center to cham/debur after so it goes pretty quick.

I use one too. I'm just not ready to splurge on a Giraud.

Happy enough now with the WFT for .308.

Since the WFT uses the case shoulder as the datum, and not the case base like with the old school Forster I was using, the cases come out being within +- .001" from one another. That is if the shoulder were bumped the same in the sizer die. Being that the .308 brass is fired out of a semi auto, some brass pieces bases are kinda tweaked by a few thou. In that case those wont match as well. But it's still way better than Foster old school.

• 3 months later...
  • 8 months later...

My lee case length trimmer started off good. I even have 2 cutters, the metal one that tears up your hands after a while, and the nice wooden ball handled one. Both cutters started trimming down to 2.005 and after only a dozen cases or so they now trim to 2.000. I'm wondering if the cutter blades wore down some? I'm currently looking for a more accurate trimmer this style. I like to put the brass in a drill chuck attachment and use the lee trimmer, but I'd like better results. Probably get what you pay for....

Edited by .308LiteHunter

My lee case length trimmer started off good. I even have 2 cutters, the metal one that tears up your hands after a while, and the nice wooden ball handled one. Both cutters started trimming down to 2.005 and after only a dozen cases or so they now trim to 2.000. I'm wondering if the cutter blades wore down some? I'm currently looking for a more accurate trimmer this style. I like to put the brass in a drill chuck attachment and use the lee trimmer, but I'd like better results. Probably get what you pay for....

the pin that is going in the primer hole is wearing down.

the pin that is going in the primer hole is wearing down.

Yup.  Don't remember which caliber trimmer it was, but someone else was having a problem with the Lee trimmers.

They called Lee, who claimed that some weren't heat treated properly.  Got it replaced for free.

Give Lee a call.

That's how my lee is set up. The case holder is in the drill press and the cases fit in pointing down. Length - I've not had any problems but you can shim the Lee case gauge length pin as it wears down by putting the shim at the base where it threads in - or simply get a new case length gauge since they are pretty cheap.

Edited by shibiwan

That's how my lee is set up. The case holder is in the drill press and the cases fit in pointing down. Length - I've not had any problems but you can shim the Lee case gauge length pin as it wears down by putting the shim at the base where it threads in - or simply get a new case length gauge since they are pretty cheap.

Putting "the shim", or a shim? Don't think one came with mine. What do you use to shim?