• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Aero Precision
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Faxon
Boot_Scraper

PA-10 brings home the venison

After freezing my nads off most of last week and coming home hungry,  it came together for me today. 

This one was special for me. He made me work for him. I've always wanted to shoot one sneaking around in my pirogue. 

On the way out last night, I lost my GPS. That was interesting. We can't use flagging or reflectors on the public land we hunt so the GPS is crucial to get back to my honeyhole. Its about a quarter mile walk dragging the pirogue, quarter mile paddle through the swamp, followed by a half mile hike to my stand. No gps on the way out, in the dark, very interesting. 

Anyways, we headed back this am after the sun came up to find my GPS. I'm paddling up to the part where the half mile hike starts and I see a deer. Check for horns (it's buck only right now, doe a no go). I swap the paddle for the PA10, pirogue still in motion. Take aim with him walking away at about 50 yards. My home grown 165 grain Sierra HPBT plants him. It was freakin AWESOME. First deer for me all season. It's been a long one. 

20180107_095942.thumb.jpg.3050576eb8633c15443b4082903e8c9a.jpg

20180107_084552.thumb.jpg.4c20294954bb405dd9e72bb3f673a7c7.jpg

Btw, I found the damn GPS! Life is good! 

Congrats, that will be some sweet meat after all that work. Never crossed my mind to hunt deer with a boat!

20 minutes ago, jtallen83 said:

Congrats, that will be some sweet meat after all that work. Never crossed my mind to hunt deer with a boat!

Yeah buddy. When the hunting pressure kicks up, our deer head for the water.

Awesome Boot! Congrats on the freezer meat.:thumbup: Up here if you get on a deep enough slow moving stream, canoe hunting is very effective. Deer don’t expect danger from that direction.

Edited by Sisco

Thank y'all! 

My buddy and I joked as we were dragging the boat, singing "Don't y'all think this huntin bit d'done got outta haaaand" to ol Waylon's melody. 

20180107_095558.thumb.jpg.7cd212ac5bc8e49455cf26691c6ced87.jpg

Edited by Boot_Scraper

5 hours ago, Magwa said:

Great job and good shot you will eat good this winter, congrats

At first i thought i shot high because of the exit, but sitting down on the water, shooting up, made for the high exit. 

20180114_145039.thumb.jpg.0e6e173a9014689ce7a67d4295313c4f.jpg

Dead is dead. Those Sierra Gameking pills are just awesome.