• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Blue builds OG

blue109

I had planned on being done with AR builds for a while, but a harmless comment on Siscos thread resulted in him giving me a smoking deal on a pair of old school uppers...so here we go. Probably going to be a slow process.  Plan at the moment is a 14.5 somalia-ish carbine with the C7 upper, and a M16A2 clone of my shithole rifle with the A2 upper. 

PicsArt_01-14-09.32.26.jpg

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 2 months later...

Progress and setbacks.

The pinned FSB was a hair off on the 14.5 barrel so im sending it back for a replacement. 

scored a good deal on lowers. Was planning on grabbing whatever was cheap and in stock...and they had LMT on sale for $99 ea. Pretty stoked. 

I have triggers and grips so I ordered some minimalist LPKs and saved some cash.

A2 stock and parts in route from my favorite forum enabler for the A2 build. 

Gettin there.

PicsArt_04-12-04.30.51.jpg

PicsArt_01-13-05.10.18.jpg

@98Z5V 2nd Amendment sports down here in tucson. Having some sort of anniversary sale until Saturday.  They had RPRs for $799! lots of stupid deals. People were walking out the door with bundles of rifle boxes lol. I had to run out after I got the lowers or risk maxing a credit card.

Edited by blue109

36 minutes ago, blue109 said:

@98Z5V 2nd Amendment sports down here in tucson. Having some sort of anniversary sale until Saturday.

Is that still going on ON Saturday?!  I'm driving down for 2 lowers, if that's the case!!!   AWESOME HEADSUP!!!   :hail:

Yes, yes they are stillhaving the 25th Anniversary sale on Saturday.  NICE!!!

https://2ndamendmentsports.com/tucson-sale/

Edited by 98Z5V

16 hours ago, 98Z5V said:

Is that still going on ON Saturday?!  I'm driving down for 2 lowers, if that's the case!!!   AWESOME HEADSUP!!!   :hail:

Yes, yes they are stillhaving the 25th Anniversary sale on Saturday.  NICE!!!

https://2ndamendmentsports.com/tucson-sale/

Hey Tom, we'll be at Josh's in Tucson this weekend! If you come down give me a call. Come to think of it, if you got that Cerakote work done you could bring that stuff down with you. If not, no worries.

• 2 weeks later...

Had an amazon gift card. I seem to remember lots of small AR parts on amazon but pickins are slim now. Ended up ordering a Proctor Way Of The Gun sling. Seems perfect for a KISS gun. 1.9oz, and paracord attachment loops. 14.5 Barrel and all other parts for the carbine are in route. Just need a BCG, but I can borrow one from another gun for now so no worries. the A2 will probably be shelved for a while.

Parts of these builds that came from forum members:

Both uppers, carbine buffer, M4 stock, rifle buffer/spring/extension, A2 stock, one grip(actually have a few grips from you guys but probably using a standard on the A2) carbine handguard, charging handles. Team effort. 

20180428_100655.jpg

2 hours ago, blue109 said:

Just need a BCG, but I can borrow one from another gun for now so no worries.

If looking new, keep an eye on Toolcraft 5.56 BCGs. I've seen them in nitride going for $65 from some vendors.  It's top quality, and supplied to alot - ALOT - of the other OEM vendors.

Since the dry-up of the DWilson 308 BCGs, I'm switching over to Toolcraft for all future 308 BCGs, and I already have two of the 6.5 Grendel BCGs.

Edited by 98Z5V