• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Advise

Josephine

Hello my name is josephine and i need help with a very debateable question i have a Rock River Arms lar-8 predetor hp i put a magpull stock on there,  a NightForce 3-10-48,  snow camo cerekote,  moses mags, and a muzzle device it says on it 7.62 Nato thats it can i shoot .308 through this rifle

Hello my name is josephine and i need help with a very debateable question i have a Rock River Arms lar-8 predetor hp i put a magpull stock on there,  a NightForce 3-10-48,  snow camo cerekote,  moses mags, and a muzzle device it says on it 7.62 Nato thats it can i shoot .308 through this rifle

20180130_203821.jpg

Welcome aboard  Josey !  great shooting and a nice looking piece.....go online find you some privy match otm 168gr ....its like the pricey federal Match 168 but cheaper....its about 14 bills or so a box...not that you need to be any better  good shooting...oh its not even debatable... shoot win 308 if you wish.....sounds like you got a handle on things...as you know every rifle likes some loads better than others....seems it likes what ya got    :thumbup: Wash

http://www.sgammo.com/product/308-win-762x51-ammo/20-round-box-308-match-168-grain-bthp-prvi-partizan-ammo-pp321

8 hours ago, Josephine said:

100yrds winchester silvertip 165 glad its safe im shooting this this ammo in my gun

20180130_204122.jpg

Winchester Silver tip is 308 ammo , not a 7.62x51 NATO designated ammo . Are you asking if its OK to continue to shoot it ?

The Case dimensions of both types are the same , the Barrels Chambers are slightly different , with the 7.62x51 Chamber designed to meet military combat conditions , unlike a Rifle that is cleaned after every use .

Were you showing the coins in the air making those shots , just kidding :laffs:

Edited by survivalshop

I taped those to my bullseye target at a 100 yrds smart ass and i know its .308 ammo yes i wanna know that its safe im putting it through my specific rifle u cant do that in just any rifle but pretty sure i can in mine wanted more advise on the lar-8 RRA if u dont know anything bout them then this topic isnt for u

When it comes to guns u can never be to carefull if it was a .308 stamp on the side of my gun then i wouldn't be asking this question because the only difference the pressure is higher but on .308 u can shoot either one u cant howerver go vice versa in all 7.62 like older style rifles u risk blowing up your barrel or rounds staying there my gun loves them im gonna continue to shoot my silvertips and the AMAX they deadly accurate 

58 minutes ago, Josephine said:

I taped those to my bullseye target at a 100 yrds smart ass and i know its .308 ammo yes i wanna know that its safe im putting it through my specific rifle u cant do that in just any rifle but pretty sure i can in mine wanted more advise on the lar-8 RRA if u dont know anything bout them then this topic isnt for u

Your right ,this topic is not for me , because I can't understand why ,after shooting 308 in your rifle  ( which is labeled 7.62x51 ), your asking if its safe to shot it in said rifle , now !  

1 hour ago, Josephine said:

It sounds like you have more money than brains....just my 2 mags.

15 minutes ago, survivalshop said:

Your right ,this topic is not for me , because I can't understand why ,after shooting 308 in your rifle  ( which is labeled 7.62x51 ), your asking if its safe to shot it in said rifle , now !  

One needs to know that defacing or intentionally destroying coin or currency of the realm is a Federal criminal act. As a Federal Agent I am required to notify the U.S.Treasury Department. Using a firearm in the commission of a crime is a serious crime.

8 hours ago, Josephine said:

Not a great first impression.

I too can’t figure out why you would ask and after the fact. I mean you just said you can never be  to safe yet you didn’t know so potentially you could have seriously hurt your self or someone else, thankfully that wasn’t the case and everything worked out in the end.

we’re all here to have fun and we often rib each other I don’t think I woulda wasted a dollar like that but to each their own. I hope you understand and stick around to enjoy the forum with us, but getting all defensive isn’t gonna make you very popular around here and then I’m just gonna have to ban you.......

have a nice day

On 1/31/2018 at 9:25 AM, Josephine said:

When it comes to guns u can never be to carefull if it was a .308 stamp on the side of my gun then i wouldn't be asking this question because the only difference the pressure is higher but on .308 u can shoot either one u cant howerver go vice versa in all 7.62 like older style rifles u risk blowing up your barrel or rounds staying there my gun loves them im gonna continue to shoot my silvertips and the AMAX they deadly accurate 

First, you ask a supposed safety question, then inform us that you've already shot it, adverse to the safety question that you asked.  Then, you report back that you already know everything about it (your post above). 

So, you asked a question and advice on something that you already knew everything about, and didn't really need an answer at all, because you already did the very thing that's against what you were asking about in the first place... 

Was I married to you?  Didn't we get divorced in 1999?...   :laffs: