• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Not from Texas but Texans are ok with me

MarkTheNewf

Originally from the far flung never-to-be comfortable island of Newfoundland, Canada.  Arrived in Texas a little over 19 years ago and adopted the "when in Rome" style as it pertains to firearms.  I am getting rid of my FAL and going back to an AR10, so here I am.  Howdy, dammit!

Am currently and possibly proud owner of a Windham Weaponry AR10. 16.5" barrel with 1:10, I do believe.  Just got finished putting in a Geisle 2-stage trigger and am mounting up the scope.  No name on the rifle yet, though.

0209181730.thumb.jpg.76e05c7d6fcf3fcfdea5a76a8dbf11d1.jpg

13 hours ago, shepp said:

Newfoundland eh??

welcome from Wisconsin! 

Geeze, that feller is friggin' rough.  Good thing Cape Breton isn't Newfoundland or I'd be TYPING  ALLLLL MY REEEPLIES LIKE DIS.  EEEEYEAAAAAAAAAH.  ;)

For future reference should you ever need to have a speak with a Newf.

Edited by MarkTheNewf

12 hours ago, washguy said:

Welcome from big D ......heres a tip...take out flood insurance!      Wash

Heh....it's flooded in and around me 3 times the past two years.  However, don't mistake ugly for stupid!  We looked at maps and whatnot before we got the house and even though we're near the Brazos river, we're on the high side of the flood plains' ridge.  In other words, when it floods, it floods away from us east towards Houston and south.  We can sit on our back porch and watch air boats zip along what used to be dry land a couple of hundred yards away.  I won't like, though.....we did get flood insurance for the past few years just because!

4 hours ago, MarkTheNewf said:

Geeze, that feller is friggin' rough.  Good thing Cape Breton isn't Newfoundland or I'd be TYPING  ALLLLL MY REEEPLIES LIKE DIS.  EEEEYEAAAAAAAAAH.  ;)

For future reference should you ever need to have a speak with a Newf.

Nova Scotia, new foundland, Kansas nebraska, tomato tamato

14 hours ago, AngelDeVille said:

I'm still not sure about most Texans, but welcome anyway!

I am not sure about ALL Texans either but I am sure about some guy that will eat a chicken outta a can!

Welcome from central Texas,  anyone ready for some BASEBALL?

4 hours ago, mrmackc said:

I am not sure about ALL Texans either but I am sure about some guy that will eat a chicken outta a can!

Welcome from central Texas,  anyone ready for some BASEBALL?

I s'pose.  I'm just sitting back wondering if they really will bring a NHL team here.  I can manage to watch football, but baseball is up there with golf and grass growing.