• Visit
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Aero Precision
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Faxon
Mr. Ree

Lower Vice Block

52 minutes ago, Mr. Ree said:

Which of the many offerings available will actually work well with a K&M Arms M17S308?

What the hell is that?  Pics, please...

Good troll, Mister Lee.  You done velly well.  :thumbup:

Go redesign that abortion... 

26 minutes ago, 98Z5V said:

Good troll, Mister Lee.  You done velly well.  :thumbup:

Go redesign that abortion... 

:laffs:  Ain't they right there in your backyard 98? 

Are the controls just bass ackwards on that thing or what! Gonna give yourself a fat lip if you run the bolt release without taking it off your shoulder. I'll wait for the tavor 7.62 version........

Looks like they are!!!  Right here in Chandler!!!  That's 20-ish minutes from town, and about 45 minutes from the Secret Desert Test Facility!!!  Maybe I can get them to bring this thing out for the Spring Shoot...  I'll run it and see what it does, and we can take it out at distance, shoot it short range, whatever...  :thumbup:

1 hour ago, Mr. Ree said:

Which of the many offerings available will actually work well with a K&M Arms M17S308?

Mr. Ree, you have one of these already?

Yes.  I would not have otherwise asked.  Frankly, with the responses I received, I am sorry I asked.

Edited by Mr. Ree
Explanantion

6 minutes ago, Mr. Ree said:

Yes.  I would not have otherwise asked.  Frankly, with the responses I received, I am sorry I asked.

Relax Mr. Ree, we are a bit rough around the edges here but mean well. Now how about some pictures of that abortion :laffs:

:pics-stfu:

6 hours ago, blue109 said:

Get you a magazine full 'o quickrete and wallah! Vise block!

That may be what's needed.  I see how it takes down/splits.  Not necessarily a lower vise block, but at lease a magwell stand that you can lock in a vise and work on the lower once it's split. Or the upper half, when attached to the lower half. Might be the only way - I don't see how it would be practical to have someone manufacture a clamshell-type set of vise blocks for this.

32 minutes ago, sketch said:

an action rod

It has a funky 3 lug bolt, doubt anyone makes an action rod for something this obscure. If the OP would fill us in a bit more on what he is trying to do we might be able to come up with something, so far the quikrete seems the best idea for holding the lower.

Some 3M window weld might work better. We use to make solid motor mounts by pouring that stuff into the spaces in the factory urethane units. 

39 minutes ago, jtallen83 said:

It has a funky 3 lug bolt, doubt anyone makes an action rod for something this obscure. If the OP would fill us in a bit more on what he is trying to do we might be able to come up with something, so far the quikrete seems the best idea for holding the lower.

silly bullpup 3lugs ahh! fill a mag with epoxy and it wont crumble in the vice. or use a dpms style mag block?

To all that have responded, I thank you for taking the time to do so.  Think I'll just craft something to hold the firearm steady when I am tinkering.  I consider the matter closed.

let us know what works man it seems you have a tricky problem that you could help others out with your findings.. good luck!

On ‎2‎/‎18‎/‎2018 at 12:33 AM, blue109 said:

Get you a magazine full 'o quickrete and wallah! Vise block!

I never filled mine with Quickrete, but not a bad idea. I have one sacrificial magazine I use just to hold a lower in a vice. Magazines are cheap.