• Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

AR10(T)B Drum magazine.

Lurch

Hi guys,

Just found the forums and having fun reading up.

Question as above - looking for a new 50rnd drum mag for AR10(T) Model B.

I've found plenty of sites listing them, but NONE with actual mags in stock.

Anyone know of stock in a shop someplace (Would have to be Mail order also)

Many thanks

• 2 weeks later...
7 hours ago, bfoosh006 said:

Specifically, what brand drum mag ? and model ?... X Products are typically GTG.

Ironically... ProMag makes one ?!.... IMHO.. it looks like and most likely is a POS.... every Pro Mag produt I have ever tried... sure was.

https://www.classicfirearms.com/promag-drum-308-50rd-762x51

Not a B pattern magazine. There are plenty of DPMS/Sr25 compatible out there.

4 minutes ago, Lurch said:

im still looking - quality drum mag for the B model if anyone knows of such a beast please?

I doubt you find one, the B is on the way out so nobody will spend the money to tool up for one. 25 rounders is best you can do for max capacity.

1 hour ago, jtallen83 said:

I doubt you find one, the B is on the way out so nobody will spend the money to tool up for one. 25 rounders is best you can do for max capacity.

Thanks,

Any idea on mail order place for  DECENT 25 round mags please?

Almost tempted to try and get the A model Lower, if it will fit!

Regards

You are going to need to find an X-Products drum mag. They make the "X14" M14/M1A model. It will require a little modification to fit the AR10B, just like the original AR10B mags.

Good luck finding one...

And they cost $250 - $350 per magazine.

I saw rumors of an "X10" model that was purpose built for the Armalite AR10, but the info is limited and I didn't find it on X-Products website.

1 hour ago, Lurch said:

Thanks,

Any idea on mail order place for  DECENT 25 round mags please?

Almost tempted to try and get the A model Lower, if it will fit!

Regards

The only 25 rounder for B models I know is from Armalite;

https://www.armalite.com/product/ar10-b-series-gen-ii-magazines-individual/

A&B model uppers and lowers do not interchange.

16 hours ago, Robocop1051 said:

You are going to need to find an X-Products drum mag. They make the "X14" M14/M1A model. It will require a little modification to fit the AR10B, just like the original AR10B mags.

Good luck finding one...

And they cost $250 - $350 per magazine.

I saw rumors of an "X10" model that was purpose built for the Armalite AR10, but the info is limited and I didn't find it on X-Products website.

Thanks Robocop1051,

Any idea on the mods required to make the mag work?

I'm honestly not that bothered on the mag cost, not like I'm gonna need a new one every few months (I hope!)

I WILL however need to find a seller willing to ship to England!

Again, thanks for the info

40 minutes ago, DNP said:

So what are the laws regarding semi-auto rifles in England?

Short answer - NO.

Rifle has to be modded for a single shot, bolt locks back, then pull & release for next shot.

There are a few exceptions, rim fire & 12 Guage for example.

Also a few mods that get around it (slightly), like MARRS Trigger, or lever release.

But as mentioned, short answer is just plain no!

Good luck trying to get a dealer to jeopardize their legal status by viotating the ITAR.  :thumbup:

Also, good luck trying to find an indivudual to risk BATFE up their a$s, for doing the same.  :thumbup:

Not trying to be a jerk - that's just reality.

Edited by 98Z5V

26 minutes ago, 98Z5V said:

Good luck trying to get a dealer to jeopardize their legal status by viotating the ITAR.  :thumbup:

Also, good luck trying to find an indivudual to risk BATFE up their a$s, for doing the same.  :thumbup:

Not trying to be a jerk - that's just reality.

I didnt think Mags had export restrictions?

I know some states wont allow large capacity magazines - No such restriction here, nor on their import

13 hours ago, Lurch said:

I didnt think Mags had export restrictions?

I know some states wont allow large capacity magazines - No such restriction here, nor on their import

Any mag with greater than 10 round capacity requires a US State Dept export permit.

You will need an import permit for the destination country in order for the US State Dept to process your export application, OR a Certified Letter, (Govt or Police issued), stating that the items don not require an import permit, you also need to fill out DSP83 and End User certificates to accompany your application to the US State Dept.

You will need a US State Dept registered exporter to submit all of this for you, along with your $250 US fee for the application, (non refundable if the application is declined).

Have been through the process many times exporting mags and various other parts etc out of the US, definitely viable but it's not a cheap nor fast process, processing can take months and approval IS NOT guaranteed.

I used to use all sorts of different exporters for parts but have been burnt by a few less honest ones so the only exporter I will use now is Brownells.

Hope this helps....

(If the capacity I quoted has changed and someone knows better, please feel free to correct me, last time I imported mags 10 rounds was the limit before an export permit was required)

Edited by 308kiwi