• Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

hunger at work

otto150

46 minutes ago, edgecrusher said:

I eat non stop....

That's just because you're part Terminator.   :laffs:

25 minutes ago, shepp said:

I bring a cooler in my van with snacks and drink, plus I work in grocery stores, some have really good salad and hot bars, there’s a reason I weigh 240#

That's just because you're a giant fucking Viking...   :lmao:

1 hour ago, 98Z5V said:

That's just because you're part Terminator.   :laffs:

That's just because you're a giant fucking Viking...   :lmao:

Man I swear if I didn’t walk 5-7 miles a day, climb ship ladders and sweat my ass off I’d be pushing 300 ??

Edited by shepp

1 hour ago, shepp said:

Man I swear if I didn’t walk 5-7 miles a day, climb ship ladders and sweat my ass off I’d be pushing 300 ??

That's scary, because you'd be even fucking BIGGER, you large bastard...   :lmao: 

Well Shepp, you are correct , I wished I walked and was that active....as I do push 285-295 regularly. All that I do is sit and operate joysticks for at least 8 hours a day.

9 hours ago, shepp said:

All I have to do is sit in the air conditioned cab and try not to eat......along with being hungry when all the food is gone. Some days it is alright, no gut nawing at kybrain, and others there isn't enough room in the cab for what my gut says it wants.

Equipment operating is a killer on the body, no activity, no muscle movement.

2 hours ago, bubbas4570 said:

Well Shepp, you are correct , I wished I walked and was that active....as I do push 285-295 regularly. All that I do is sit and operate joysticks for at least 8 hours a day.

All I have to do is sit in the air conditioned cab and try not to eat......along with being hungry when all the food is gone. Some days it is alright, no gut nawing at kybrain, and others there isn't enough room in the cab for what my gut says it wants.

Equipment operating is a killer on the body, no activity, no muscle movement.

Same usually not hungry when I’m out running a call but soon as I get in the van and drive somewhere it’s chow time. I usually try “healthier snacks” gernola bars, mixed nuts, cheese (of course).

if you go down the isle with the tuna in it they got these packs of flavored tuna that are pretty good too.

i try buying everything at the grocery store it’s cheaper and it keeps me outta the gas station 

Edited by shepp

3 hours ago, shepp said:

Same usually not hungry when I’m out running a call but soon as I get in the van and drive somewhere it’s chow time. I usually try “healthier snacks” gernola bars, mixed nuts, cheese (of course).

if you go down the isle with the tuna in it they got these packs of flavored tuna that are pretty good too.

i try buying everything at the grocery store it’s cheaper and it keeps me outta the gas station 

Do you like tuna tacos? I hear they aren't fattening.

I bet that is so, what with all the GPS, A/C padded seat etc.etc. not much like the model 12 maintainer (with a bench seat), I ran back in the 1950s while I was a college student. I stood up most of the time unless I was gradeing a haul road.  I did always have stuff to eat in my lunch pail and a Gott 3 gallon watercan of ice water with a few beers for breaks.  I was lucky to have a cab depending which grader was on the job. We had one with a cab and one without, The equipment truck driver , which was also me, drove under a low underpass hauling one of the maintainers on a float trailer and amputated one of the graders' nice cab.

Them was the good old days.....

30 minutes ago, otto150 said:

im only 174 pounds, but I could eat every 2 hours.i guess my metabolism is in warp speed.i do work hard also.and walk my rottie everyday.

Edgecrusher is only 5’07” and weighs about 275#. I once watched him chop up an entire box of pop starts, and then snort the dust like a diabetic Tony Montana. He eat once ate a handful of m&m’s, jelly beans and marshmallows, and tried to pass them off as multivitamins. He runs out of breath when eating ice cream. He sweats in a swimming pool. The kid is FAT.