• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

American Rifleman AR10 story

1 hour ago, Sisco said:

A story on the Original AR10 and Armalite back in 1959 started my fascination with it as a kid. No link to the story, just the picture.

This is from a NRA newsletter to members, in an email I received this morning, here is another teaser:

image.thumb.png.fb6b04263e0c56a819d38fe3e0cf02a9.png

On 10/10/2018 at 7:41 PM, Robert@FULL30 said:

I love the looks of the trigger charge, thought about attempting to machine one, seems doable 

Spuds used to have them for 223 but I haven't heard of uppers for 308 on the market

image.png.0b10262b7035898bc610d44856f9ceaf.png

You understand that the upper charge handle on this model ran down the side of the barrel and upper receiver, also this was the first model that the charge handle wasn't attached to the BCG and the first one that didn't reciprocate with the BCG.

Dumb assed old me....That should have been  The gas tube ran down the side of the barrelAs shown here.

image.png.4b783d3c78e8fbd46422fdb104b060c1.pngimage.png.0b10262b7035898bc610d44856f9ceaf.png

Edited by mrmackc

• 1 month later...
On 10/9/2018 at 9:35 AM, mrmackc said:

This is from a NRA newsletter to members, in an email I received this morning, here is another teaser:

image.thumb.png.fb6b04263e0c56a819d38fe3e0cf02a9.png

I like the buttstock and muzzle device. Are the parts compatible with newer AR10s or is that a dead platform?

• 1 month later...
On ‎10‎/‎10‎/‎2018 at 11:19 PM, mrmackc said:

image.png.0b10262b7035898bc610d44856f9ceaf.png

You understand that the upper charge handle on this model ran down the side of the barrel and upper receiver, also this was the first model that the charge handle wasn't attached to the BCG and the first one that didn't reciprocate with the BCG.

Dumb assed old me....That should have been  The gas tube ran down the side of the barrelAs shown here.

The charging handle has always been a integral part of the upper receiver. It still came out the back of the upper receiver when pulled to the rear.

It wasn't till later when they moved the finger groove from the top and put ears on the charging handle.  

12465-sa-a-1.jpg

12470-sa-a-1.jpg

2 hours ago, mrraley said:

If you ever get a chance to go to Knight's Armament, Mr. Knight has a whole collection of original ArmaLite rifles in his walk in safe/show room.

I have even had my hands on 00001 when I stopped in to Titusville.

:drool: So frigging far ahead of it’s time.

• 1 year later...
On ‎12‎/‎28‎/‎2018 at 2:46 PM, mrraley said:

If you ever get a chance to go to Knight's Armament, Mr. Knight has a whole collection of original ArmaLite rifles in his walk in safe/show room.

I have even had my hands on 00001 when I stopped in to Titusville.

Now that is cool Mr. Raley, I have run my "scanners" over M-14 0001 at the infantry museum at Fort Benning, also played the golf course, but the M-14 was a presentation model, and I can't for the life of me remember to which of our worthies it was presented to at the moment... I rather doubt I have ever admired a weapon any more, than I admired that one, it was absolutely a freak show gorgeous!

Are you still in Central Obamastan my friend, or have you departed our frozen gulag on the grand prairie?