• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

12.5 inch Sig Barrels for $49.99!

jtallen83

CDNN just put their 12.5 inch 308 Sig barrels on sale for $49.99 + $4.99 flat rate shipping. You will need a custom gas tube but other than that I built with standard parts, a D Wilson bolt headspaced fine.

https://www.cdnnsports.com/sig-sauer-716-12-5in-308-1-10-chrome-lined-barrel.html#.W-oXj5NKjb0

https://www.cdnnsports.com/sig-sauer-716-12-5in-308-chrome-lined-barrel.html#.W-oXoZNKjb0

• 2 months later...
  • Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

30 minutes ago, suzukiray said:

Read what it fits, NOT an AR10 interchangeable barrel. Or so the ad says.

Used one in a build already, it's DPMS based just like the Sig 716 bolt CDNN sells. Only custom part required for a build is a $40 11 inch gas tube from WOA.

See the details here;

6 minutes ago, blue109 said:

To clarify....this works with DPMS stuff, just need custom gas tube right?

Yes, D. Wilson bolt headspaces for me on two of these barrels, I used the Sig bolt sold at CDNN in a D Wilson carrier. Had one barrel in both a Matrix and an Aero receiver with no function issues cycling by hand, built with the Aero due to the Aero rail not fitting the Matrix receiver. The gas block seating area is a bit short but caused no issues for me, I dimpled the barrel with my SLR jig and it sealed up fine. The gas tube was the only part not available off the shelf. Mine needed an 11 inch tube but since it is custom order anyway I would wait and measure it to be certain, can't imagine it would change on other brands but at $40 better safe than sorry. I tried the build having seen others on SigTalk comment that barrels and bolts on 716's are DPMS based, figured if it didn't work I had a spare for my P716, now I have a DI and piston 308 pistols.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
4 hours ago, shooterrex said:

Would eject but not lock back or pick up next round. Cobalt bits will be in tomorrow.  Any ideas how to get the broken bit tip out?

Could we get a picture of the gas tube in the upper, showing its position in the cutout, and a length on the tube? 

Sucks when those little bits break off. Any exposed bit you can get ahold of? Short of that drilling it out is a slim chance, you need a real good bit and lots of patience, still a slim chance of getting it out without making the hole wonky. Had a machinist burn out a broken tap once, some sort plasma torch contraption, this was the late 90's, much bigger size than you are dealing with so not sure the process scales down, and it cost over $100, cheaper to buy another barrel.

I've drill 3 now, drill press, very careful, very slow, very stressful!

What size bit, and HSS? Cobalt? TiN? I've gotten things like that out before. If it just broke through and grabbed/ twisted off my first remedy would be to cut a piece of HSS drillrod of the next size down and carefully try to tap it through the rest of the way. If it's HSS that's broken off, cobalt will drill through but need to be set up very stable in the press and minimum bit sticking out of the chuck. Could drill slightly oversized with a small solid carbide end mill, punch  out broken bit, clean up hole and use adjustable gas block. And pictures! 

11 1/8" ordered length. 1/16" drill bit was too small next size up I had was 3/32" if there was way too much gas I was going to get an adjustable gas block. New barrel will be here Monday.  Cobalt bits In 64's arrived today. Think I will Install the new barrel and mess with the stuck bit latter. Think I will drill out new barrel to 5/64" before I even install it. Now where did I put that dimpling jig?

Edited by shooterrex
fat fingers