• Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Range Day, 21 April 2019...

98Z5V

17 hours ago, Magwa said:

yeah wind is my bugaboo right now with the creedmoor after 800 it gets real tough with the wind oh well I will just keep practicing ,looks like you guys have a great place to practice ...

Wind is a MFer, brother.  Anything under 600, it doesn't matter.  It starts to matter at 600.  At 800 it's tough if it's over 5~7mph.  At 1k, it's murder.  I can't get a break down here with it, either.  Seems everytime I go out recently, it's a variable of 7~11mph, never constant.  It pisses you off...  

5 hours ago, 98Z5V said:

Wind is a MFer, brother.  Anything under 600, it doesn't matter.  It starts to matter at 600.  At 800 it's tough if it's over 5~7mph.  At 1k, it's murder.  I can't get a break down here with it, either.  Seems everytime I go out recently, it's a variable of 7~11mph, never constant.  It pisses you off...  

yes it does went out to the mountain range last week I was hitting everything till 800 then started missing wind calls you have a good day but oh no mr. wind says eff you boy.... ended up missing 950 and 1140 and 1236but he still having a effing hoot with the CM and the SDN-6 what a combo.....

back to the mountain range yesterday I shot the long course got all hits including1236my first time over 1200 the shot at 980 had 2 and 1/2 mins of wind right and the shot at 1236 3/4 min of angle right man that stuff is shifty as hell....

18 minutes ago, Magwa said:

back to the mountain range yesterday I shot the long course got all hits including1236my first time over 1200 the shot at 980 had 2 and 1/2 mins of wind right and the shot at 1236 3/4 min of angle right man that stuff is shifty as hell....

That's pretty cool, that is a long ways?👍

16 hours ago, Magwa said:

Right fuckin' ON, brother!!!   :thumbup::hail:

22 hours ago, Magwa said:

:thumbup::hail:

This for me is not about hunting long range other than wolves coyotes, it is a way for me to have something to do as other options start to fade due to age health, etc etc I simply love shooting steel long range the challenge is where the payoff is for me and not I have the passion back to build more guns (thanks to the folks on this website) enabling bastards! I have to keep moving or I am afraid I will just rust up and stop....... so now I am looking at building a upper for my DPMS 308 which has been a elk killing machine I want a 6.5 CM upper for it and I want to build a Bolt gun on a chassis with a smit and bender or Khalis  scope in 6.5 x284 Norma that plan will keep me working till I am over 70 which is right around the corner....