Kiwi

Armed Eye Doc

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hey guys, still here, fighting the fight.

So an update.

Law was passed by Government to ban ALL centre fire semi autos along with ALL 'high' capacity magazines for ALL firearms including bolt actions and shotguns. Also banned were lever actions that have tube mags over 10 rounds, shotguns with detachable magazine and shotguns with tube mags that hold over 5 rounds.

But now they can't figure what to do, KPMG, (accounting firm to the government) has been tasked to set a budget to 'buy back' all these affected firearms and all parts and magazines that fit these firearms, they went back to the government with an initial estimate of $1.5 billion, I think the govt literally crapped their pants, (govt estimate that they peddled out to the media and the rest of the sheep in NZ was $150 mil).

So now we are at a standstill, still got all my stuff just not allowed to use it.

Cops have taken in a few firearms but no sooner did they do that and a police station up north got burgled and the thief stole all the firearms they had seized, talk about funny, well we all thought it was funny, the police and the govt had a fit about it.

Some light at the end of the tunnel, a huge effort was put in by us shooters and $1.5 mil was raised almost overnight to hire lawyers who straight away filed an injunction in the NZ High Court to overturn these ridiculous new laws, first court hearing was 2 days ago and the preliminary outlook sounds positive. So we are all waiting to see how this plays out.

So we are still in the fight, still here and this aint over yet.

I'll  keep updates coming as things progress.

Meanwhile our teachers are on strike because of stalled pay talks, our doctors are going on strike because of funding shortfalls and pay disputes.

I think the reality is starting to hit home that the taxpayers of NZ just cannot afford to splash out $1.5 billion on a feel good policy to solve a problem that really doesn't exist and now that the hysteria has settled the rest of the sheep in NZ are starting to realise that 'we' are not the problem.

Edited by 308kiwi

1 minute ago, Sisco said:

Good luck Kiwi! Sounds like you are organized and funded, the most important first steps!

Cheers Sisco. It's sad that it has taken this to be the catalyst to bring the majority of shooters together to stand and fight, the division between the various shooting fraternities has always been our weakness.

Perhaps a lesson to all shooters all around the world, STAND TOGETHER

My LGS guy actually went to New Zealand last year for the shooting world championships as the defending world champion. Finished 14th but had a good time. That was before all this came down

Edited by Sisco

20 hours ago, Armed Eye Doc said:

I'm glad to hear that you have an outlet for your stress.  Is there a way for us to help?  Is there a link to donate to your cause?  I would be willing to kick in a few bucks.

Thank you Doc and thanks guys for your words of support, it means a lot to not only me but to everyone here fighting to save our sport, passion, livelihoods.

It matters not where in the world we live, we are all brothers in arms.

https://www.colfo.org.nz/?fbclid=IwAR2lHgxfJdE165c7Wkd_vRKSr7lo-_6TYYGvx4jflBOVB3zWurzyTj_pX5c

3 hours ago, 308kiwi said:

Thank you Doc and thanks guys for your words of support, it means a lot to not only me but to everyone here fighting to save our sport, passion, livelihoods.

It matters not where in the world we live, we are all brothers in arms.

https://www.colfo.org.nz/?fbclid=IwAR2lHgxfJdE165c7Wkd_vRKSr7lo-_6TYYGvx4jflBOVB3zWurzyTj_pX5c

Thanks for the link, I sent a little bit your way.  I hope it can help some.

• 5 months later...
26 minutes ago, Sisco said:

Doc, we may be looking at the same situation a few years down the line.

16 minutes ago, Armed Eye Doc said:

I'd be fibbing if I said I hadn't thought of that myself.

But didn't Clapper put that to rest in his congressional testimony?!? No way would such a high ranking official lie to congress.....would he? 

sarcasm2.jpg.d08bb534c9c857fce92e842a3c4bee9a.jpg

36 minutes ago, jtallen83 said:

ex Director of National Security............sure sounded like he knew when he answered the question about data collecting.

It is so damn easy to-write a date mining program which we all already know are used on us on the Internet every day. Why is it if I look at something on Amazon, on CDNN or just about any other site, I get advertisements on Facebook about it for eight days after? They can be written by any software company, or government for that matter, and are. Clapper jivin us like everybody else does. Nothing new here. But the elected officials like in New Zealand would be the ones to set the data mining and action based on it in motion.

Edited by Sisco

Google, apple, Facebook,  etc... know more about you than you know about yourself.  This is regardless of whether you use their sites or not.  Data mining is how the powers will know who to target when needed.  It will not likely be physical, but electronic and far more devastating to all except those who can survive offgrid.

Point of note...I have had a glass or two of wine with dinner followed by a really good glass of bourbon.  Therefore,  my typing is much less inhibited at the moment.

Big difference between the tech giants and the government, we give tech permission to do it when we click accept, we have expressly forbidden our government from spying on us without cause. Question is are the tech companies really separate from the government? 
So far it sounds like our brothers in NZ are hanging tough, very few turning anything in, dangerous game of chicken that we can only hope they win.