• Visit Site
  • Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

VA Beach Gun Control Failure

hiscrool budy was from cord D  lane and was a bro until he went south to work.. im sure it was his wife that changes him not his lefty job jerk off money? point is we visited lots of gravel roads that he grew up on and if it changes like the man i knew.. fuckkk

On 8/27/2019 at 11:37 PM, 98Z5V said:

I can't fucking stand the fear-induced counter-argument of "Do you KNOW HOW HARD IT IS TO PICK UP AND MOVE EVERYTHING?!!?  I'm pretty fucking well versed on it, so, YES, I do know...

I have thought a lot about this; I'm not exactly afraid to pick up and leave. Back in my younger years I kept so few possessions that I could move cross-country in a single vehicle (no trailer or U-haul). Unfortunately; I don't see that being a solution either. As some have pointed out; the disease is spreading... One thing I see in common across these gun restrictive states/counties/cities appears to be at least one very large city (a metropolis?). A city so large that it smells bad because of the garbage; crime rates disproportionately higher than the average per capita, and sometimes; the ability to control politics of a whole state. New York in particular is well known for high taxes; but also centuries of documented political corruption. 

What happens to any kind of animals confined in a space that is grossly over-populated? How do humans act/react when squeezed in with millions of others, into a tiny space? Higher population densities are naturally a magnet for criminal activities, quite simply put; it's easier to blend in (and there is more money in the pool). The one thing that never seems to sink in, is that criminals won't stop committing crimes because of more restrictive laws, or more strict penalties. Committing a crime is by nature, a risk that has a potential for life altering consequences. There are of course other problems; like the media goading people every time there is a news-worthly story about gun violence, but that's not going to stop either.

One thing that make it slightly more tolerable as a NY resident; is that some of this has been going on a lot longer than I've been alive. It's easy to become numb to the BS, moving away does not resolve the problem (if others keep moving too)... In fact that might make it worse, as it could attract the influx even deeper into the heart of the US (where do you move when they take over Kansas, Iowa, Wyoming, etc.?). Restrictions on handguns have existed at a state level in NY for roughly a hundred years; so this type of government overreach (read: corruption) is nothing new. I was floored when I finally inspected the details behind the Sullivan Act; yet it's still on the books, and few care to challenge it.

Another thing that gives me hope, is the numbers (the middle finger non-compliance rate). Here in NY we went through a shake down already. As of 2013 there were an estimated 1,000,000 assault-style weapons (and people were buying more in a frenzy; they certainly haven't stopped either). Less than 5% of those were ever registered with the state as such. That means greater than 95% are still in people's safes; presumably converted for compliance of course. The people that lived through the most recent shake down; are not likely to bend over a second time... 

Quite frankly; I would probably get myself a law degree (and fight) before considering another move again. I enjoy rural living, and nearly everyone within walking distance of this place has enough land for subsistence farming. My great grandparents farmed land very similar to this a hundred years ago; but my grandfather hated farm life, and ultimately moved to a more urban area. Then I grew up rural, and moved towards apartments in urban areas when I came of age. I even tried Florida; and the cycle continues. New York is a beautiful state; so long as one stays out of the "red" zones on this map (there are actually a few more now; but it's not horrible).

I'm not sure what it would take; in terms of state laws to make me reconsider. I spent most of my life living without much security at all. When the SAFE Act was passed; I was apartment dwelling in an area with no open gun clubs nearby (all had been at capacity since 9/11). I was livid when the laws passed; but wasn't actively shooting because it was inconvenient. For now; fertile soil, productive fruit trees, and ample hunting grounds keep me mostly satisfied.

On 8/27/2019 at 11:33 PM, 98Z5V said:

people getting sick of NYS taxes - they primarily move to Florida

To address this specifically... From what I understand, there is a 2020 ballot initiative in Florida to ban ALL semi-automatics (because it got enough signatures to support a vote?). https://ballotpedia.org/Florida_Ban_on_Semiautomatic_Rifles_and_Shotguns_Initiative_(2020) I personally don't see anywhere I would want to run toward at this point.

Green-Star-Map-05-Feb-14.png

14 minutes ago, Lane said:

To address this specifically... From what I understand, there is a 2020 ballot initiative in Florida to ban ALL semi-automatics (because it got enough signatures to support a vote?). https://ballotpedia.org/Florida_Ban_on_Semiautomatic_Rifles_and_Shotguns_Initiative_(2020) I personally don't see anywhere I would want to run toward at this point.

Green-Star-Map-05-Feb-14.png

You just now addresses the guns in Florida.  What i addressed was the NYS taxes - and why New Yorkers are leaving New York - because of taxes.  Those that are leaving don't give a shiit about guns - they're leaving, in mass exodus, over NYS taxes, and they finaly found the balls to "relocate" to a lower-tax state - so they can keep their MONEY.  Maybe those New Yorkers that only care about money, are already influencing the politics in Florida, and lobbying against guns there?  They "took their politics with them?..."  

Bet you that's the case. Hmmmm...

I think that makes my point about Liberals moving, and fucking up the states that they move to. I already referenced San Antonio and Boulder...

Edited by 98Z5V

1 hour ago, sketch said:

hiscrool budy was from cord D  lane and was a bro until he went south to work.. im sure it was his wife that changes him not his lefty job jerk off money? point is we visited lots of gravel roads that he grew up on and if it changes like the man i knew.. fuckkk

I did think about this quite a bit. What makes anyone move or stay? Usually the tides. Marriage, family, roots; we all care about America I think...

3 minutes ago, 98Z5V said:

You just now addresses the guns in Florida.

I did move to rural Florida myself. When I was there; it was gun friendly, and fun. 

I can say that my first epiphany in FL was that food was CHEAP. A whole shopping cart full cost less than a single weeks trip where I came from in NY.

Just now, Lane said:

I did move to rural Florida myself. When I was there; it was gun friendly, and fun. 

I can say that my first epiphany in FL was that food was CHEAP. A whole shopping cart full cost less than a single weeks trip where I came from in NY.

Well, your money-grubbing tax-only-conscious brethren in your NY state have fucked that up.  They're in progress of wrecking Florida right now...   :thumbup:

I grew up in East St. Louis, Illinois. We moved out when I was 10, to a town 100 miles southeast. 34 years ago, my wife and I moved to Arkansas. On a trip to St. Louis for a conference, I took her back to my old neighborhood to show her where I grew up. We pull onto the old home street, I looked around, and I pulled the .45 out and laid it in my lap while I did a U-turn. The old neighborhood had turned into a war zone. No schiit ... houses leveled, holes in the ground, and eyes everywhere. We got the fukk out and won't be going back.

Now we live on the side of what passes for a mountain around here. I can (and do) step out onto my porch and fire off a few rounds whenever I want. An old slag heap makes for a great backstop, and a couple of fence posts serve as uprights for a target stand. I'll take Freedom every time!

19 hours ago, Sharpshooter said:

I grew up in East St. Louis, Illinois. We moved out when I was 10, to a town 100 miles southeast. 34 years ago, my wife and I moved to Arkansas. On a trip to St. Louis for a conference, I took her back to my old neighborhood to show her where I grew up. We pull onto the old home street, I looked around, and I pulled the .45 out and laid it in my lap while I did a U-turn. The old neighborhood had turned into a war zone. No schiit ... houses leveled, holes in the ground, and eyes everywhere. We got the fukk out and won't be going back.

Now we live on the side of what passes for a mountain around here. I can (and do) step out onto my porch and fire off a few rounds whenever I want. An old slag heap makes for a great backstop, and a couple of fence posts serve as uprights for a target stand. I'll take Freedom every time!

Brother I was born in St. Louis and what you say about East St. Louis is true. A war zone describes it perfectly for what it is now.

• 2 weeks later...

@98Z5VNew Mexico can go on your list with Boulder and San Antonio brother, the WHOLE damn state! Albuquerque and Santa Fe have gone full blue and just those two cities rule the politics of the state. Las Cruces isn't far behind either. We had the 2006 influx of Cali liberals also and it has definitely had an effect on this state. We have some damn good Sheriffs who stand up and refuse to enforce anti 2A laws but how long can that dam hold before it breaks?

They passed a state law here that ALL firearms transfers have to be done through an FFL now with a background check and it went into effect July 1st. I asked my FFL buddy the other day "Who is enforcing this law? He told me "Absolutely nobody! No FFL holders in the state have received any kind of notification that it went into effect, I had to go online and check to find out that it was in force. Without a statewide registration it's basically unenforcable!" 30 of our 33 Sheriff's won't enforce it and the NMSP don't have the manpower or inclination to deal with it. It's just a feel good law passed to appease the liberal voters of the state. I'm sure it won't even come up in the media again until some poor sap who sold a gun to someone else that was then used in a crime gets prosecuted for noncompliance.

That property in Vail is looking better all the time!:thumbup: