• Visit Site
  • Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

VA Beach Gun Control Failure

I pulled this from our brothers at Full30.com.  This is an excellent read, and it states exactly what failed.  These failures cannot be argued, they are facts.

https://slowfacts.wordpress.com/2019/06/11/the-failure-of-gun-control-in-virginia-beach/

Here's the Full30.com link to it:

https://forum.full30.com/t/the-failure-of-gun-control-in-virginia-beach/11387

• 2 months later...
8 hours ago, 98Z5V said:
On 8/25/2019 at 12:05 PM, MikedaddyH said:

counter point !

This was excellent, brother.  Right on.  :thumbup:

That was indeed a powerful rebuttal, and a very strong argument overall. How do we change the minds of those in power, people who keep passing laws adding restrictions piece-meal (tiny restrictions trickled out over time)? That is most difficult to comprehend as a law abiding citizen; restrictions in smaller areas, and municipalities; in states that otherwise (and overall) have looser restrictions? 

15 hours ago, unforgiven said:
15 hours ago, MikedaddyH said:

Hey Let's ban Crime .... Police Free Zones !

Start with Washington DC 🤣

Brilliant brother 👍

Please! Dogfooding (that's a real word).

16 hours ago, Lane said:

That was indeed a powerful rebuttal, and a very strong argument overall. How do we change the minds of those in power, people who keep passing laws adding restrictions piece-meal (tiny restrictions trickled out over time)? That is most difficult to comprehend as a law abiding citizen; restrictions in smaller areas, and municipalities; in states that otherwise (and overall) have looser restrictions? 

Please! Dogfooding (that's a real word).

It's easy, really, and it's already happening to New York State.  Leave.  Thousands are doing it, but they're doing it over money.  At some point, something motivates people to stop dealing with SHIIT, and vote with their feet.  Money is the current motivator, and there's alot of people getting sick of NYS taxes - they primarily move to Florida.  Let's just hope that they don't "Take their Politics" with them, and appreciate what they moved for.

People always battle back - "YOU know how hard it is to pick up and MOVE EVERYTHING?!"   Fuk yeah, I do.  I was in the Army for 21.5  years and I moved 20 times.  The longest I was in one place was 5 years, then 4 years - same exact place, too, but I had to go eat some shiit in Korea because "I was at that location for too long."  Go suck that shiit-sandwich in Korea - again, for the 4th time, and "come back home."  So, wrap your head around that one - I lived in 3 or 4 states in a year, some years.  TDY Enroute to the next duty location, long schools at each stop. Yeah, I DO KNOW how hard it is to pick up everything and move, and alot of my destinations were not my choice.

That's where others have an advantage.  You get to pick where you want to go... 

If AZ pissed me off bad enough, with HALF the gun laws that the other Draconian States have/are enacting, I'd drop this place like a hot potato, and move the fuk out.  No regrets, no second thoughts, and no fear.  I'll make myself work, where ever I am.  I'll dump this and move to Freedom.  Just like I did when I left the DC area after 15 months - FUK that place.  I moved my ass back to AZ, where there still IS Freedom. 

I loved Cali when I lived there, twice, but that was late '80s, early '90s.  I'll never be able to afford living there again, but I still love visiting the place.  I'd never make the decision to move there, no matter how much I loved it there.  Same for Washington.  I spent most of my military career in Washington, and I loved that state.  Never again, though - Libs took over and fucked that state up.  I want to be able to live there again, so bad, but there's no way I'll ever do that while the idiots running that state - for years - continue to run it in the ground.  That's the only place I've ever been where I could scuba dive the Puget Sound on Saturday, then go skiing on Crystal Mountain on Sunday.  Then take a week off and just 'wheel the Jeep in Elbe Hills and Evans Creek...  Heaven, until it was wrecked by ignorant politicians.  Just LOOK at Seattle now - it's "Little Los Angeles" and "Little San Francisco..." Fuk that.

Vote with your feet.  If you have a portable skill, you'll still have that skill - in another state.  If you want Freedom - then just Free yourself from the bullshiit.  Just don't drag years-worth of politics with you, and trash where you move to.  That's called San Antonio, Boulder, etc.

Edited by 98Z5V

I hear ya brother. Both of my kids have (wisened up) and punched out of this DC area. The only thing holding me back is the fact of having to take care of my parents (they're both 80 now). I'm the youngest of the my brothers (and most responsible.....go figure). And they love living in Ocean City, Maryland. Ugh.....I hate the fuking beach environment. But I still have to transport them back and forth to their doctors (at Johns Hopkins no less). That adds a 6 hour ride (just from my place and back to pick them up). Not counting the ride to that $hithole Baltimore and back to my place again.

And you fukers wonder how I made the 34 hour ride to AZ with no gripes? It's just another drive (albeit.....a long one).

I can't wait to punch out of this fukin DC area. IT SUCKS.

I can find "Controls/Automation work" anywhere. Somewhere (anywhere).......there's some kind of HVAC equipment, ramping up and down, or lighting that's turning on and off by itself.

THIS PLACE SUCKS!

7 hours ago, 98Z5V said:

It's easy, really, and it's already happening to New York State.  Leave.  Thousands are doing it, but they're doing it over money.  At some point, something motivates people to stop dealing with SHIIT, and vote with their feet.  Money is the current motivator, and there's alot of people getting sick of NYS taxes - they primarily move to Florida.  Let's just hope that they don't "Take their Politics" with them, and appreciate what they moved for.

People always battle back - "YOU know how hard it is to pick up and MOVE EVERYTHING?!"   Fuk yeah, I do.  I was in the Army for 21.5  years and I moved 20 times.  The longest I was in one place was 5 years, then 4 years - same exact place, too, but I had to go eat some shiit in Korea because "I was at that location for too long."  Go suck that shiit-sandwich in Korea - again, for the 4th time, and "come back home."  So, wrap your head around that one - I lived in 3 or 4 states in a year, some years.  TDY Enroute to the next duty location, long schools at each stop. Yeah, I DO KNOW how hard it is to pick up everything and move, and alot of my destinations were not my choice.

That's where others have an advantage.  You get to pick where you want to go... 

If AZ pissed me off bad enough, with HALF the gun laws that the other Draconian States have/are enacting, I'd drop this place like a hot potato, and move the fuk out.  No regrets, no second thoughts, and no fear.  I'll make myself work, where ever I am.  I'll dump this and move to Freedom.  Just like I did when I left the DC area after 15 months - FUK that place.  I moved my ass back to AZ, where there still IS Freedom. 

I loved Cali when I lived there, twice, but that was late '80s, early '90s.  I'll never be able to afford living there again, but I still love visiting the place.  I'd never make the decision to move there, no matter how much I loved it there.  Same for Washington.  I spent most of my military career in Washington, and I loved that state.  Never again, though - Libs took over and fucked that state up.  I want to be able to live there again, so bad, but there's no way I'll ever do that while the idiots running that state - for years - continue to run it in the ground.  That's the only place I've ever been where I could scuba dive the Puget Sound on Saturday, then go skiing on Crystal Mountain on Sunday.  Then take a week off and just 'wheel the Jeep in Elbe Hills and Evans Creek...  Heaven, until it was wrecked by ignorant politicians.  Just LOOK at Seattle now - it's "Little Los Angeles" and "Little San Francisco..." Fuk that.

Vote with your feet.  If you have a portable skill, you'll still have that skill - in another state.  If you want Freedom - then just Free yourself from the bullshiit.  Just don't drag years-worth of politics with you, and trash where you move to.  That's called San Antonio, Boulder, etc.

👍 That right there is common sense, something really lacking in todays world we made that decision 45 years ago and have never looked back.... 

6 hours ago, Magwa said:

👍 That right there is common sense, something really lacking in todays world we made that decision 45 years ago and have never looked back.... 

👍🏻 to both of you.

I have also made my decisions many years ago, sometimes wish for better climate or scenery, but that is all....mindset here is pretty good overall.

4 hours ago, bubbas4570 said:

👍🏻 to both of you.

I have also made my decisions many years ago, sometimes wish for better climate or scenery, but that is all....mindset here is pretty good overall.

yes you two get it also not easy to move from family and friends but in the long run it has been good for us as well , we are all different and we all need something you just have to figure what it is and go for it.. hows the bike?

The libs are invading the free states. Because they see nice towns, with nice people, affordable lifestyle. They WILL bring their garbage with them however and give it some time....it’s just like the place they left. Idaho and Arizona are well on their way. Texas’s too. So you pick up and vote with your feet, but guess what??  Those dumbasses will follow and fuk up the next spot too. They’re a disease. And just like the cancer they resemble....it’s gonna take a lot of radiation to slow them down. 

18 minutes ago, DNP said:

They WILL bring their garbage with them however and give it some time....it’s just like the place they left. Idaho and Arizona are well on their way.

I literally saw that in 2006, in AZ.  My buddy retired, inherited his grandmothers house, sold his house.  It was gone in an hour, shiit you now.  Woman from Cali - bought that house for his whole asking price, literally ONE DAY after he posted it - she drove over from Cali to buy it, zero negotiation - "I will pay you that."   That was 2006... How bad has it become since then, for AZ, and what kind of people have bought houses in AZ?  It's apparent - RED state is now a PURPLE state...  That's what it's become.

I'll be living in @Magwas garage before too long...

Boise is one of the fastest growing places right now. I know, that ain’t where he’s at...but it only takes enough to turn the politics. You know who’s going?  The hipster little wine bar but he’s who think it’s cool. Needs more social programs, but it’s a cool place man.