• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Sig Sauer Barrels

Albroswift

Check your bolt.  Insert your bolt, and rotate it.  If it doesn't rotate - punch that Lawyer Pin out.

Heard from @willbird that used a SIG bolt, that his bolt rotated with it in there.  Mine didn't, with a ToolCraft bolt.  There's an external dimensional extractor difference between the SIG bolt and the "others" apparently. 

Lawyer Pin.  "decommission these barrels and sell them" says the lawyers. This is what they came up with, I guess.  I punched mine out with a roll-pin punch that was slightly smaller than the OD of the OUTSIDE of that visible pin.  You MUST punch it INWARD.  You'll never get that thing to punch through if you try to punch it OUTWARD, from the inside of the extension.  If you try that, show me the pics of the destroyed extension, brother...  :lmao:

I punched mine right out, inward, after my TC bolt didn't rotate. Fuk that thing.  Think about it - how's CDNN selling us a $450 barrel for $50?  You think they do NOT have a profit on these things? Damn right they do.  They're making money, and they got these barrels cheap.  SIG had to come up with something to blow these barrels out, and make them "inoperable" - we just beat the system.  :thumbup:

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

7 hours ago, 98Z5V said:

Lawyer Pin.  "decommission these barrels and sell them" says the lawyers. This is what they came up with, I guess.

That pin is there to back up the extractor in a catastrophic failure. They put it in the M400 as well. Mine has not been in the way for any of the bolts I have, have a Toolcraft on the way now so it will be interesting to check.

On 7/28/2019 at 10:00 PM, Albroswift said:

so need a 11-3/16 tube to hit dead center of the receiver cutout

Strange as my 11 incher hits dead center. I am curious if there are two different barrels, Sig made a gas block change at about the same time they were producing the pistol version of the 716, possibly the port location changed. I need to mock up my second barrel and see where it hits. I am also noticing Sig headspaced these barrels tight, a BRN-10 bolt failed a no go gauge on most of my barrels but passes on the Sig barrels.

23 minutes ago, Albroswift said:

I noticed the pin in my 308 barrel as well, didn't notice it in the 223 barrels, have to check again. 

As I've said before,  nothing a hack with a few tools can't overcome 

Could be they dropped the feature. When I bought my PM400 it was pointed out as a safety feature on their website, it is not mentioned now. 

How much spin, or turn  should the bolt move ?  Mine does a 1/4 turn.  Does the empty hole make a difference?  My 6.5cm barrel has neither a hole or pin,  it does have the index pin.

Never mind,  my 6.5cm lets the bolt rotate 360.

Edited by RedRiverII

18 hours ago, 98Z5V said:

Check your bolt.  Insert your bolt, and rotate it.  If it doesn't rotate - punch that Lawyer Pin out.

Heard from @willbird that used a SIG bolt, that his bolt rotated with it in there.  Mine didn't, with a ToolCraft bolt.  There's an external dimensional extractor difference between the SIG bolt and the "others" apparently. 

Lawyer Pin.  "decommission these barrels and sell them" says the lawyers. This is what they came up with, I guess.  I punched mine out with a roll-pin punch that was slightly smaller than the OD of the OUTSIDE of that visible pin.  You MUST punch it INWARD.  You'll never get that thing to punch through if you try to punch it OUTWARD, from the inside of the extension.  If you try that, show me the pics of the destroyed extension, brother...  :lmao:

I punched mine right out, inward, after my TC bolt didn't rotate. Fuk that thing.  Think about it - how's CDNN selling us a $450 barrel for $50?  You think they do NOT have a profit on these things? Damn right they do.  They're making money, and they got these barrels cheap.  SIG had to come up with something to blow these barrels out, and make them "inoperable" - we just beat the system.  :thumbup:

What he said.  Both the Toolcraft and the JBO special went in and rotated properly with the pin in the 223 barrel. Located dead center over the extractor. 

Took the bcg out of the Anderson AM10 because I haven't got one yet for the 308 barrel yet operated fine. 

20190730_163757.jpg

20190730_163626.jpg

Edited by Albroswift

55 minutes ago, Albroswift said:

Must be some other reason they are going for dirt cheap. Maybe buy a couple more just for safe ballast 

Going cheap because if you don't have a P716 they are not supposed to do you any good. Sig discontinued the P716 years ago now. I had figured what the heck, no harm having an extra barrel for my P716 at that price, got to comparing things and realized it was just a custom gas tube away from being a DI gun. 98 pointed me to White Oak Armament and the mass enabling began :thumbup: 

Arms outstretched in front of body,  parallel to the floor,  palms down,  he mumbled.  "  Must get barrel,  me need barrel,  must get barrel.  No use for it,  but everybody is doing it.  Must get barrel."   Three times I was sleep walking last week,  3 barrels and counting.

On ‎7‎/‎29‎/‎2019 at 7:36 PM, 392heminut said:

Yeah laugh fukker! The fact that you make it well known that you have a short barreled AR 308 didn't help matters!:thefinger:

Actually.......I have 3, well 2 AR's and a FAL. But who's counting? Counting is rude, whether it's beers or rifles. :laffs:

It'll be interesting to see what you build with it my brother. 

2 hours ago, Albroswift said:

Also, looking at the hole opposite, it has bluing and cosmaline in it so my guess is not drilled after the fact. 

It was the pass-through hole to insert that pin, from the inside, then they peen it in place from the outer (opposite) side.  :thumbup: