• Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Missed you guys!

Peachey

11 minutes ago, Peachey said:

On a kinda cute note, he obviously can't handle (don't over read that babe) any real recoil right now, but he and our daughter have been wearing out the .22s and sharing the tripod mount since he can't "turkey neck" as he calls it. IDK why that popped into my head, but it's heartwarming from my perspective.

Here's a link to Mapleseed( Canadian Appleseed) targets to print out and mix it up a bit. https://mapleseedrifleman.com/files

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's some really scitty news! I've been there and done that, had my 'big one' back in 2006 and it came close to killing me. Didn't hardly hurt the bike though, I'm still riding it. High siding a Harley Ultra Classic is NOT fun! Tell the ol' man to get healed up and you guys come out to the next fall shoot so we can swap stories! You and my wife would get along great!:thumbup:

Thanks to all of you. It means a lot to me. I've certainly re evaluated some things about life since this happened. I'm going to keep riding but not in metro Atlanta traffic. I need to slow down and work and worry a lot less. I've got a super  sexy caretaker that's helping me out and that too means the world. My daughter still has a Dad. We got the property that we've always wanted. I'm thankful plain and simple. I do have to share a picture of my newest toy though.

IMG_20191022_121615402.jpg

48 minutes ago, WestGaDad said:

Thanks to all of you. It means a lot to me. I've certainly re evaluated some things about life since this happened. I'm going to keep riding but not in metro Atlanta traffic. I need to slow down and work and worry a lot less. I've got a super  sexy caretaker that's helping me out and that too means the world. My daughter still has a Dad. We got the property that we've always wanted. I'm thankful plain and simple. I do have to share a picture of my newest toy though.

Let me guess, a 1948 Ford NAA?

53 minutes ago, WestGaDad said:

Potential after pic of your new toy?

Ardbeg-Whiskey-Hot-Rod-Tractor-678x381.j

@98Z5V his great uncle flew in the Mighty 8th on a B-17. They went down on their trip home from England and he died from exposure in the water. He's built a model of the B-17 and replicated the numbers and such. Now he wants to replicate the unit numbers on the tractor since they did use a variation of this one to pull the planes around the fields with. Says it won't be "proper" because it's not exactly like they used, but I think it'd be a cool tribute and conversation starter at a minimum.

3 minutes ago, Peachey said:

@98Z5V his great uncle flew in the Mighty 8th on a B-17. They went down on their trip home from England and he died from exposure in the water. He's built a model of the B-17 and replicated the numbers and such. Now he wants to replicate the unit numbers on the tractor since they did use a variation of this one to pull the planes around the fields with. Says it won't be "proper" because it's not exactly like they used, but I think it'd be a cool tribute and conversation starter at a minimum.

That is gonna be BADASS!!!    :hail:

2 hours ago, WestGaDad said:

Does she think your tractor is sexy??

Heal up I had a bad bike wreck spring of 2003. Still riding but not around big towns and traffic except for rolling thunder in D.C.

I guessed 1948 NAA because it looks a lot like my Dad’s tractor which was a 48, minus the earth bucket he had. That thing pulled my International Scout out of a couple of stuck places. That is an awesome story about his great uncle. Wife’s great uncle was on the New Mexico in WW2, survived a Kamikaze attack off Okinawa. An amazing generation of men and women.

Edited by Sisco

So glad he is ok Bike wrecks tend to be one way or the other glad he is on the side of the living.. and getting better... I never had the big one but came real close was just cruising on my 1948 Flathead 80 it was a stock motor on a rigid frame suicide clutch just the way I liked em doing about 65 on a 2 lane back country road when BAM!primary chain busted and wrapped around the trans sprocket  and locked it up solid I went into a rear wheel skid and was drifting towards the other lane and oncoming traffic i just leaned and turned the front wheel just a bit and it drifted back into my lane finnally coming to a stop i just let it go over grabbed a smoke and sat down right there on the side of the road the other car might have missed me by 10 ft don't know but it was 213 ft of single skid mark and I just about pooped myself that was a freek thing to happen never heard of it happening to anyone else but I got her fixed and putted on.... get well soon GADAD!....