• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Missed you guys!

Peachey

Well it's been a while lol. Figured I'd drop in and say hey! 

The last time I posted we were curious about horses and shooting nearby. Well we did indeed get the property, however we've decided to leave the shooting for Deer camp and my mother's property. We've met our neighbors, super nice older couple, and they're not very hip on having a range next door lol. They're awesome otherwise so we figure it's better to maintain the peace and quiet then upset them.

Three days before signing, westgadad had a car pull out in front of him on the bike. He tried to react, but the collision was unavoidable. He went over the car approx 25-30yds and landed head first on the blacktop. C2 is fractured twice. Left shin fractured at the ligament joining area. Right thumb is semi displaced and sprained so bad it can't reset until the soft tissue contracts some more. Roadrash is mostly healed. He was/is extremely blessed to have survived period, even more so with no paralysis. It's been a literal nightmare, but we're both so so so thankful that it's not worse. 

Anyway, I was just meeting him on his lunch break and he asked if I'd checked in recently. I figured I'd drop a line since we were thinking of y'all. Hope everyone has been well!

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 minutes ago, Peachey said:

Well it's been a while lol. Figured I'd drop in and say hey! 

The last time I posted we were curious about horses and shooting nearby. Well we did indeed get the property, however we've decided to leave the shooting for Deer camp and my mother's property. We've met our neighbors, super nice older couple, and they're not very hip on having a range next door lol. They're awesome otherwise so we figure it's better to maintain the peace and quiet then upset them.

Three days before signing, westgadad had a car pull out in front of him on the bike. He tried to react, but the collision was unavoidable. He went over the car approx 25-30yds and landed head first on the blacktop. C2 is fractured twice. Left shin fractured at the ligament joining area. Right thumb is semi displaced and sprained so bad it can't reset until the soft tissue contracts some more. Roadrash is mostly healed. He was/is extremely blessed to have survived period, even more so with no paralysis. It's been a literal nightmare, but we're both so so so thankful that it's not worse. 

Anyway, I was just meeting him on his lunch break and he asked if I'd checked in recently. I figured I'd drop a line since we were thinking of y'all. Hope everyone has been well!

Sorry to hear that, tell him we're rooting for him and to get well as quickly as possible.

Peach, you fucker - you guys been absent, and this is a shiity update - I hope he's going to be okay.  He and I traded PMs over that bike, and the paintjob - YOU did this, woman!...   :laffs:

You ever show these guys the paintjob on that bike?! 

I'm sending him a PM over this shiit...  

@98Z5V lololol. Actually it was the Softail! He swears it wouldn't have happened on the "don't die" Sportster lol. Says it's too sketchy and he wouldn't have been have been as "comfortable" with it. He probably won't be able to reply cause of his thumb and he can't bend his neck to see a keyboard. However, in typical fashion, he's already looking for a cheap set of dirt tires for the Sportster so he can ride around the property on it lol. 

5 minutes ago, Peachey said:

He swears it wouldn't have happened on the "don't die" Sportster lol.

THAT'S THE ONE!!!  You ever post pics of that bike here?!... That's evil, woman...     :laffs:  He sent me pics of that bike, and I'm looking for that PM now...   I'm posting that shiit...  :banana:

3 minutes ago, Peachey said:

. I keep telling him I know everywhere that hurts, so don't piss me off or I'll poke him! Lol.

You are BAD, WOMAN!!!  DAMN BAD!...   :lmao:

I'll find that fuckin' PM with that bike paintjob, and I'll post that shiit.  That "Don't DIE" on the tank was kinda fucked up, but I laughed my ass off over it...  You're BAD!...   :laffs:

@98Z5V here's the sporty tank. Finally figured it out lol. This one still lives though. The Softail is completely destroyed. The only salvageable parts on it are the swingarm and rear wheel stuff. Hit so hard it cracked the engine cases. He was going 55-60ish in a 55 zone just pacing with traffic. The other car had no lights after dark and says his light blended into the traffic behind him. 

IMG_20190903_185749918.thumb.jpg.448e7f29703868b445c311917d292510.jpg

Peachey, you tell your hubby to nut up and get better! My wife (and best friend ever) were riding on her birthday when I (on my bike) passed a guy in a pickup pulling a boat. My wife followed, (on her bike) and the guy decided to tun left. He drug the boat over her. So, flash forward some years. She's okay. She survived it, and she's still here. So, Loud Pipes Save Lives! Tell your hubby to hang in there and do what Lazarus Long does to his enemies: outlive them!

@Sharpshooter Wow, glad she's ok! He's had other accidents before, and always said the big one was still waiting for him, I believe this qualifies as his big one. He's a tough dude, refused pain meds from the first moments all the way to now. Still working, although left handed for a change, and has not truly slowed down much. I'm riding him hard about the limits the Dr's set, but he's hard headed. Again, I'm glad y'all have come out the other side, and thank you for the well wishes!

7 minutes ago, Peachey said:

@98Z5V here's the sporty tank. Finally figured it out lol. This one still lives though. The Softail is completely destroyed. The only salvageable parts on it are the swingarm and rear wheel stuff. Hit so hard it cracked the engine cases. He was going 55-60ish in a 55 zone just pacing with traffic. The other car had no lights after dark and says his light blended into the traffic behind him. 

IMG_20190903_185749918.thumb.jpg.448e7f29703868b445c311917d292510.jpg

THAT is THE ONE.  DAMNIT woman - you hexxed his ass....  Different bike, I get it, but SHIIT!!!

@Sharpshooter Wow, glad she's ok! He's had other accidents before, and always said the big one was still waiting for him, I believe this qualifies as his big one. He's a tough dude, refused pain meds from the first moments all the way to now. Still working, although left handed for a change, and has not truly slowed down much. I'm riding him hard about the limits the Dr's set, but he's hard headed. Again, I'm glad y'all have come out the other side, and thank you for the well wishes!

We always said there are tow kinds of bikers ... those who've gone down and those who are going down. You know the clarity that comes from wind in your face ... you just have to be ready for the shiit that can come with it. I think you guys are ready, so fukk'm!

@Peachey @WestGaDad....   Next fall....  you guys need to hit up the Fall Shoot, out here in AZ...   Damnit.... 

You guys don't understand the amount of value that you can add  - but it's priceless.  You fuckers are GOLD.  amongstthe other regular fuckers that are GOLD, too.  You guys are amazing.  These shoots are a shiit-show that you don't want to miss, both invited, to the chaos.  Damn you both...   :thefinger::banana:

@98Z5V we were actually talking about that while we were waiting at the neurologist a couple weeks ago. I meant to look and see if there were any update threads on it, but I guess I forgot lol. One of our church friends just got a 6.5 bolt gun and westgadad was telling him about how y'all get together and shoot.

On a kinda cute note, he obviously can't handle (don't over read that babe) any real recoil right now, but he and our daughter have been wearing out the .22s and sharing the tripod mount since he can't "turkey neck" as he calls it. IDK why that popped into my head, but it's heartwarming from my perspective.

2 minutes ago, Peachey said:

"turkey neck" as he calls it. IDK why that popped into my head, but it's heartwarming from my perspective.

Full-on Appleseed flashback, right there, with the "turkey neck"...  that doesn't come from anyplace else but that....  Cheek to stock weld, in an Appleseed...  :thumbup:

I LOVE Apple-Seeders, like you can't imagine....  :hail: