• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

best bang for buck trigger

wideopen231

Doing a 80% build and about to buy a trigger for it. Wondering whats best bang for buck trigger. I have Timneys in cpl bolt actions and love them. I know Geissele is standarad bad ass for lots. I also know get what you pay for.Build is one step at time .low to no budget(too many hoobies). Will be used for hunting and target shooting mostly. Like nice clean crisp break and if possible ib 3 to 4 pound range and closer to 3.

39 minutes ago, wideopen231 said:

just ordered 3.Two for friends and one for me,so really hoping you guys are right. 

If you find that you do not like it, I will buy it from you for what you paid plus the shipping to you and me.  That way, all you have to risk is the time to order a new one and install it.  That applies to your friends as well.  I generally have one or two around but they keep finding uses. :laffs:

I have paid $129 for these in the past and thought it was a good deal then.

Edited by Armed Eye Doc

• 3 months later...

Just tried one out this weekend, I like the break but on the reset the trigger bounces my finger back well into the 1st stage zone, I have a CMC 2lb/2lb 2 stage on another build that resets right at the 2nd stage break point. Maybe need a lighter trigger spring? 

17 minutes ago, Albroswift said:

Just tried one out this weekend, I like the break but on the reset the trigger bounces my finger back well into the 1st stage zone,

Hold the trigger to the rear after recoil - cognizant thought to do it.  That's the only real way to check trigger followthrough anyway, when you're working on Natural Point of Aim (NPOA).  Anything else isn't a real way to check your NPOA.

Nevermind - I see what you're saying now...   :bitchslap::laffs:

Edited by 98Z5V

Yes, as in most semis, pistols and long guns, pull the trigger all the way through, release until reset is felt, should be right at the breaking point for follow up shot. Concentration on the reset. This is the first trigger I can remember that pushes my finger off the second stage break point, quite noticeable. There was a second spring in the package but the instructions said that was to increase trigger pull. 

6 minutes ago, Albroswift said:

There was a second spring in the package but the instructions said that was to increase trigger pull. 

That one is definitely a heavier trigger spring - but don't put that in, you don't need it.  Won't help with what you're describing.

Here's where my heavier springs live:

P1080566.thumb.JPG.47f2e64fcc29f73e010e6fa13f4b4df7.JPG

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Friend just put one of the Rise Armament FCG's on his 308, after about 7-8 cycles (By hand) the hammer locked up in the vertical "Fired" position and will not move at all. Took it out, took the barrel and hammer spring out, re-assembled, two cycles and locked in vertical position again. Could not duplicate with the identical FCG I got little over a week ago. Opened a support ticket with Armoralley.

• 2 weeks later...
7 hours ago, Albroswift said:

Got a response from Armor Alley said they were reaching out to Rise Armament for a RMA. Week 2.... 

Everyone is all Corona'd-Up right now - that might end up being a loooong wait time, brother...   :thumbup:

15 hours ago, Albroswift said:

Did get a trigger jig the other day so I'll try tuning up some the  Milspec FCG's I've accumulated. 

The paracord "trigger job" does quite well at smoothing those things out.  Takes away the grit feeling.  :thumbup: