• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

New guy, For small frame interchangable 308

Vegan

New guy looking at buying a small frame 308 that allows swap of uppers and lowers.  I really like the M&P10, but I'm not certain if its classified as a small frame like the DPMS G2.  What I know is the POF Revolution, Adams Arms 308, Remington R10 and DPMS G2 are all small frames. But, will they swap ?  Anyway, thats why I'm here. 

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, Vegan said:

New guy looking at buying a small frame 308 that allows swap of uppers and lowers.  I really like the M&P10, but I'm not certain if its classified as a small frame like the DPMS G2.  What I know is the POF Revolution, Adams Arms 308, Remington R10 and DPMS G2 are all small frames. But, will they swap ?  Anyway, thats why I'm here. 

It would be either Pure Luck or Witchcraft if those 5 swapped parts, and it's about a 100% certainty that they will not swap parts. You just listed 4 companies that love to produce their own proprietary parts - because that's what they do.

The M&P 10 is not one of those "small-frame" .308ARs, though. 

I will, but I'm not so sure if I'll get a correct answer.  Someone who doesn't know what they're talking about will probably assume they know everything.   Do you think if I called LaRue, they would tell me a Stag Arms AR10 lower would swap ?  I don't think so. But guess what, they do. 

54 minutes ago, Vegan said:

I will, but I'm not so sure if I'll get a correct answer.  Someone who doesn't know what they're talking about will probably assume they know everything.   Do you think if I called LaRue, they would tell me a Stag Arms AR10 lower would swap ?  I don't think so. But guess what, they do. 

For something like this, then - why are you asking us?... If you have the answers, why are the questions being posted here?...

You do realize that there is ZERO pattern to follow in the .308AR world - there is no TDP, like there is for the AR15 family of firearms.  Nothing is set, and any manufacturer can do whatever they want (i.e., PSA).  There's zero guarantee that anything from any manufacturer will actually even work in the first place (Iron Ridge Arms, for example), let alone swap to a different manufacturer... 

42 minutes ago, Vegan said:

I will, but I'm not so sure if I'll get a correct answer.

At what point will you determine the answer was (or wasn't) correct? I'm surprised that you seem to think a manufacturer wouldn't have a good handle on what their product is or isn't.

48 minutes ago, Vegan said:

Someone who doesn't know what they're talking about will probably assume they know everything.

Possibly, but it doesn't take much effort to ask for the folks who have the technical expertise to give you a dependable answer.

53 minutes ago, Vegan said:

Do you think if I called LaRue, they would tell me a Stag Arms AR10 lower would swap ?  I don't think so. But guess what, they do. 

No, they probably wouldn't, but there are several really good reasons why:

#1. Liability. They stand behind their product and can't and shouldn't guarantee compatibility with other manufacturers.

#2. Profitability.

#3. Impossibility. Stag Arms doesn't manufacture AR-10 lowers, they're appropriately designated Stag 10 to differentiate themselves from actual AR-10 components.

Don't smart asses guys, please.  I never said I have all the answers. If you see that anywhere above, please point it out.  I'm here to be curtious to , so please do the same for me. Don't be the guys with thousands of post that have become bored with the everyday poop of someone new coming along asking questions you probalbly heard thousands of times. I realize it becomes mundane, but please.  I  don't own several 308s like alot of people here probably do, thats why I seek input.  If I happen to find someone that owns several small frame 308s, then I'll ask them directly.    For instance, I follow Nutnfancy on youtube. He does several reviews on many different 308s, but for some reason he never tries to see if the uppers and lowers swap.  Or, if he does, he doesn't talk about it. Forgive me for taking initative to find out on my own.  

I don’t think that’s the case. Of the guys who have responded, myself now included, we don’t have that answer. A phone call may return nothing, but then again - so might this forum. Someone may have the info you’re looking for, but make that phone call and then share the knowledge you gain from making it. If they blow smoke up your rear...or it seems like they do...post it up. We only have info on the things we own.  There are a few guys that may have more info. Some of them are busy with Shot Show starting tomorrow, some of them only come by so often. Curious to see what answers show up. 

17 minutes ago, Vegan said:

My logic is, if all AR15s are standardized.  Then why wouldn't all small frame 308s ?   After all, they are AR15s from the mag well backwards.  

This shows exactly what you DON'T know -and you're blaming us for a manufacturing market for a .308AR platform that does what it wants, based on a lack of a set standard, or a set platform.  There is NOTHING about a .308AR that's standardized. NOTHING. 

27 minutes ago, Vegan said:

Don't smart asses guys, please. 

Not trying to, but you're making it hard here.  Really hard.

27 minutes ago, Vegan said:

I'm here to be curtious to , so please do the same for me.

Everyone in this thread has been curteous to you, so don't turn into an a$shole now, and demand that people haven't.  Get your shiit in check.  Quick, too.

You're asking about small-frame ARs in .308 Win platform - and there are 4 custom manufacturers of those guns. No more.  Then, on top of that, you're asking if those parts, from those 4 proprietary manufacturers will swap.  You boned the 5th one - the M&P isn't a small-frame .308. 

YOU might be the answer here, to these rare, seldom owned small-frame ARs.  There are very few people here that even own the DPMS GII.  Let alone those other three over-priced answers, that are looking for a question to solve.  Maybe you should buy all 4 - then come back here and be the fucking expert on it all.

In the meantime, don't be blaming anyone here for trying to help you out.  You can fuk yourself. 

Edited by 98Z5V

1 hour ago, Vegan said:

For such a hypothetical  question don't rely on any of us to give you the answer that you are looking for , just go buy several of those "smallframe AR10, LR308s and prove to us you are right and a really smart guy, OKAY?

Thats what I mean by being asses.   

1) They all advertise that the "Frame" is the same from the mag well backwards *On small frames*  And I quote " the small frame is basically a AR15 from the mag well back".  That would only leave the front pin, right ?

2)  I realize that POF places their trigger group further backwards...so I do know alittle. Maybe it works, maybe it doesn't .  

3) stop being ass holes !  I'm not going to buy every fucking rifle just to find out.    

Edited by Vegan

13 minutes ago, Vegan said:

Thats what I mean by being asses.   

1) They all advertise that the "Frame" is the same from the mag well backwards *On small frames*  And I quote " the small frame is basically a AR15 from the mag well back".  That would only leave the front pin, right ?

2)  I realize that POF places their trigger group further backwards...so I do know alittle. Maybe it works, maybe it doesn't .  

3) stop being ass holes !  I'm not going to buy every fucking rifle just to find out.    

That's where your ASSUMPTION falls critically short.  They're NOT ALL THE SAME  - THEY'RE ALL DIFFERENT.

Yeah, but you won't listen - you already know it all, and you're saying they're all the same.  Good Luck.

That has to start with YOU here - Stop being an A$shole.  Once you do that,so will everyone else. Don't be a Dickhead here. 

18 minutes ago, Vegan said:

LOL... so they're lying ? 

https://www.adamsarms.net/adams-arms-small-frame-308-patrol-enhanced

Ok,ok...so 308ar.com is lying then ? 

https://308ar.com/dpms-generation-2-rifles-and-parts-upgrades/

Should I continue ?

I think it's time to change out your flannel and put your nite nites on, your armpits are all wet

22 minutes ago, Vegan said:

Should I continue ?

Yeah, you should, because you don't even know what you're quoting here. 

DPMS GENERATION II .308 | DPMS G2

The DPMS Generation II also known as GII and G2 is proving to be a solid evolutionary step in the 308 AR/AR-10 platform. There are now a additional AR rifle manufacturers such as Adam Arms and Zev Technologies on board. We believe the list of manufacturers and aftermarket parts vendors will continue to grow. This page will serve as the landing page for GII information as we compile it.

For some reason, you think that specific announcement means that all the parts are interchangeable - and what that announcement simply stated was that other manufacturers would follow suit, like DPMS did, and make a "smaller .308AR" like DPMS did with the GII.  That's YOUR interpretation of reality,right there.  Nobody else's. Just yours.

Where on this page  - from Adams Arms - does it state that their parts are compatible with the DPMS GII?  I couldn't find it, on this page?  Please highlight it for me, because I think I missed it.

This page here - that you posted:

https://www.adamsarms.net/adams-arms-small-frame-308-patrol-enhanced

Where is their statement that it's compatible with the DMS GII...  :popcorn:

You have a serious misunderstanding of this platform, and it's many variants - and you're blaming the members here for your misunderstanding.  That needs corrected.

Your ignorance on the platform is not out problem, not our responsibility.  We can help - but we're not to blame.  Fix that shiit.

Edited by 98Z5V

LOL...thanks for the laugh ! 😉   

Never said it was 100% compatiable.   Thats the whole point of the thread, kind of. 

I think you're over looking the fact.   I agree the website doesn't state that, but their associates do.  Thats where my research over reaches your opinion.  Let just agree to disagree. Sorry we got off on the wrong foot.  I'm here to help !

t

Edited by Vegan

3 minutes ago, Vegan said:

LOL...thanks for the laugh ! 😉   

t

Yeah, you've given us a hell of a laugh - that's for sure.  Enjoy your stay.  :thumbup:

Maybe you should eat more meat, calm your ass down a little.  :lmao:

Edited by 98Z5V