• Visit Sportsmans Guide

New guy, For small frame interchangable 308

Vegan

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 2/14/2020 at 6:26 AM, Ravenworks said:

Yes it is,all he got from shot was a 3K bar tab.

For some reason, from my recent stories, it seems like you're talking about ME here.  For some reason, you might think that you go to SHOT Show and buy everything you can, and come back with JUST A KILLIN'...  Well, you do - as a vendor...  In the long run...  SHOT doesn't allow ANY sales of gear or equipment on the floor, and  - big one here - if you're a vendor and selling whilst AT SHOT - you are gone. You'll never be back, as a vendor.  It's not a fucking Gun Show, where you sell everything you can.  You don't bargain or haggle with a customer, on the floor, then take their money and trade your wares.  That's not what SHOT is - but you apparently don't realize that.  SHOT is the INDUSTRY Trade Show.  Nothing is sold there, over-the-counter, nothing.  That's not even "legal" there. 

What you do at SHOT is make connections - you CONNECT with vendors, manufacturers, and suppliers.  Those CONNECTIONS that you make, last you throughout the year, in your business - or they last a lifetime. Yes, you can make deals, commitments, and purchase orders - but that's not delivered right there, on the floor of the show.  For fuks sake @edgecrusher sold $70k of body armor right there on the floor, on Wednesday alone...  :banana:

If you're such a dumbass that all you think I got from SHOT was a $3k bar tab, that shows what you don't even have a clue about.  You just revealed how stupid you are about the whole thing, and the whole reason for the show.  That $3k bar tab was from an investor - and there's a new investor in the company now...   :hail:   You're Welcome. 

However, YOU know what you're talking about...  You're fucking clueless about this industry...   :laffs::thefinger:

I like 98.  Just do.  No affiliation or business ties.  Offers terrific advice and doesn't charge,  but probably could.  I pay for professional advice all the time.  As far as the free thinkers go,  where the Universe will after some time create all the answers,  is fluff.  Don't smoke and don't drink,  you'll die healthy.  Every body deserves a swift kick in the ass sometimes including myself.  Being a gentleman is an art,  and most of us are not artists in this regard.  Just fact.  We're gun people and have enough enemies,  real enemies right where we live.  Remember  "... swear to protect the Constitution both here and abroad."  Well the f'kers done moved in next door.  Troll you threw the first punch,  don't expect any favor.

8 hours ago, 98Z5V said:

The only people that think I come off as a dick - are dickheads.  I'm far from that, and if you knew me, Jim - and you should by now, how many years?  How many PMs? - if you knew me Jim, you'd know that already. 

I have zero patience for complete assholes.  Won't give then the time of day.  You shouldn't be shocked or surprised by that statement.

Sorry I forgot you were the ultimate decider of all things here....because you say so. I am the dick. How could someone not be exactly what YOU think they are after reading a paragraph or two on the screen. Anything that doesn't agree with your view is just plain wrong.......they have terms for that arrogance with a touch of narcissism, got some of that myself. Again, that is how it comes off when you read the words on the screen and have no history or personal experience to take into account.

You just keep doing you, I will continue to make it known to the new people that show up that yours is not the only viewpoint here on what is proper etiquette. Dicks or not I will try to help if I can without belittling, berating or insulting them, might ignore them if I can't see a way to help. This is not basic training where you weed out the chaff with those tactics. I doubt you see it this way but I would not waste my time with these type posts if I didn't consider you an "online friend", it's meant as friendly advice, same advice I would give my brother or long time friends, yours to take, think about, or dismiss out of hand but mine to give no matter how it is taken.