• Visit Site
  • Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

SHOT Show 2020 Recap

"My version of events are what I recall and experienced, and they may not reflect the recollections and experience of other Show Attendees..."   :thumbup:

Holy Shiit...   It was a great year, this year.   SHOT runs Tuesday to Friday, but really starts Monday, with Industry Range Day.  I got up there Monday morning to hit Industry Range Day, via an invite from Daniel Defense (via Gun Pusher John).   Pretty damn cool, and there was alot more there than just Daniel Defense.  Battle Arms Development, Nemesis Arms (WAY more on this later), and many, many others.  Good start to SHOT, and it was off to the city.  Link up with Rob and Zack and get into the room - we had two adjoining suites, doors open in between, we're comfortable like that...  :laffs:Rob and Zack in one room, me and Greg (and later @JBMatt) in the other room.  Well, I get into the room, peel back the covers on the bed, and I find this...

P1080488.thumb.JPG.88838932f2c7fff31df609a702ed9903.JPG

Well alrighty...   :lmao:  Apparently, Zack thought that those needed to be planted in every bed that wasn't Rob's bed...   I see where the week is going.  Got it.  :banana:

Tuesday, we trolled the floor, tried to see as much as we could, and I went to the Aero Precision shindig later that night - back out at the range.  I think you guys saw some of the footage in the other thread, but I'll get it back in here as I build this thread. 

Wednesday was the day, upstairs on 5th floor. I'm taking some serious shiit over it, for the amount of people that were there, the booth size, the amount of people that were completely fucking MOBBING THE BOOTH...  Shiit...  My fat ass wasn't fitting into that booth, and there wasn't enough room in the aisle...  The start of it was crazy, getting the guns upstairs from the gun vault, getting the display upstairs from the street/truck...  We made it, but we almost didn't make it.  The Shockwave never went through the "Inop Gun" inspection, wasn't tagged, and Zack tok it apart before I got back upstairs.  So, I park the truck, finally get upstairs - and I'm handed a bunch of pieces...  "Zack took it apart - can you take this somewhere, pull the hammer spring, and get it back here so we can get it tagged?..."   :laffs:

So that day goes by, cramped.  I honestly didn't get to do shiit in the booth, nothing, besides get the Shockwave back together.  I received an email invite to the Olight SHOT Announcement, and that was scheduled for 4pm~6pm on Wednesday - same day we were displaying CROM goodies.  I had to split the booth early to get over there - it was held offsite, and the Encore hotel (the second Wynn hotel).  Lemme tell you about how fucked up THEIR Security Ninjas THINK they are...  Later story, and Rob can back it up - I think he was anal-probed by those fuktards the next day, Thursday.  Those guys are fucking idiots,that security staff...

So, hit the Olight announcement, gained a bunch of info on upcoming Olight releases (some badass lights), and it's time for tickets to another after-party...   Crye Precision.  Can't say much about it, but they had buses running, and rented out UNLV stadium, and threw one massive show/party.  Fucking unreal.

Thursday was trolling the floor some more, and I hit the vendors and manufacturers that I needed and wanted to talk to.  Thursday towards the end of the day on the floor, Aero Precision and Ballistic Advantage start serving kegs of Sierra Nevada Pale Ale right from their booth.  "Free to Aero Dealers and Vendors Only..."   yeah, that didn't happen.  I tipped the girl right away with a 10-spot, and every time I went back up, she'd say, "Thank you Tom - I'll pour you two..."   Alrighty then...  :banana:

Needless to say, I have some great friends at Aero, and BA, I was there with GP John, and we got rekd at the Aero/BA booth.  Got in a great conversation with Clint Smith (Thunder Ranch), and tried to get him to come shoot with us- the timing ALMOST worked for the Spring Shoot...  He's doing some high angle shooting - and we can get more angle here, where we shoot.  It still might go, I need to follow up.  It would change the Spring Shoot schedule by several weeks, just to get this to work.

So anyway, ...  Rob texts me and tells me to get my ass back upstairs, because someone needs to "have a meeting" and they want the whole crew there...  I'm already 8-in on Seirra Nevada Pale Ales, but now we "need a meeting..."  Fuk me.  Well, it was a meeting alright.  We get to this bar, and we're looking around, trying to find who we're supposed to meet, and FINALLY, someone knows what we're talking about - "OH!  You're with the group that's in the Birdcage!!!  COME WITH ME!!!"   Holy shiit, the bar tab from that was $3k.  The tip was $600.  Rob got lap-danced by a Silverback, and I have the video. I did him, partially scared everyone, shocked outsiders, and made new friends...  Yeah, we're close.   :thumbup:

After that, the lady that was running that meeting decided that she needed to go to the "final SHOT party" - the Glock After-SHOT shindig.  I don't know how we did it, but we got in.  I wouldn't necessarily say "wecrashed a $2-million party..." - but somehow, some of us had invites, and we all got in.  I have alot of pics of that one, and we got alot of pics taken AT that one.  Pretty fucking epic.

Friday...  Uuuugh.  WAIT!  Let's go back to Thursday night for a second...  We get back to the hotel after the afterparty...  Rob's not done yet.  Nowhere close.  He's got a hometown friend in town, that now lives in Vegas.  We dragged this guy to the Birdcage event, and out afterwards. Rob and him are catching up - we're back at the hotel, and they decide to go out... 

I wake up in the middle of the night, and Rob's not there - it's like 3am-ish.  I wake up Greg - "Hey, where's Rob?..."  Greg doesn't know.  I wake up Zack - "Hey, WHERE'S ROB?!"  He doesn't know...  Fuk it, go back to sleep.

I just knew that if the mattress was missing, I was going straight to the roof to find him...  This was some serious "The Hangover" shiit right here.... 

Sometime in the night, he came back. 

So, now Friday morning, last day of SHOT.  Greg and I are trying to get Rob out of bed.  We finally get him up, and it's a rush to get out and get some breakfast before "breakfast closes" everywhere in Vegas.  We eat, hit the show, and...  we lose Rob.  We're all walking together - and he peeled off.  Alright, we'll see him somewhere, send some texts, no response.  Later, Rob texts and says, "Where are you?"  We tell him, no Rob showing up.  We finally find him, and it's some Weekend at Bernie's shiit, for real.  Greg on one side, me on the other, and we're walking Rob - kinding like just bumping him - to keep him in a general direction.  Then we lose him again.  We FINALLY get texts and calls, and tell him where we are - he states where he is - and we tell him how to get directly TO US.  Then, we wait... After MANY minutes, we see him coming down this long aisle - he's 100 yards away...   and he peels off hard right.  Fuk, Greg RUNS, I'm yelling "We're gonna lose him again!!!" and try to flank him.  We finally caught him, and kept him in our possession for the rest of the time...

Pics coming up - I'm still working on what I have - but I wanted to get the story out while I still have it.  I'm passing in and out from "moments of rational clarity" to "WTF did we do then?..."  🤣

I got a picture with Chuck Liddell, shot the shiit with Kris Paronto for WAY longer than what his "line of people" wanted, and saw Kendra Wilkinson walking the SHOT floor...  my jaw dropped on that one, and I wasn't fast enough to get a pic.  She's BAD...  :drool::lmao:

I'll get details out about Grendel stuff and Alexander Arms, as that develops.  I had a great, long conversation last year with the Pres of AA.  This year, when he saw me at the booth, the first thing he said was "We need to keep in touch better..."   YES, SIR, I FULLY UNDERSTAND!...  :thumbup::hail:

30 minutes ago, Armed Eye Doc said:

:popcorn:

Where does your soon-to-be Nighthawk come into the story?

That's some BULLSHIIT, right there!  I was AMBUSHED.  It wasn't even a fair fight, not even a little bit. I blame that on Aero Precision, and their shiit back at the range on Tuesday night, at that "after-party" that they laid out.  NightHawk "Counselor" - sweet,dear little cute baby Jesus...  Does that thing SHOOT.  I couldn't miss.  Even the NightHawk guy said, "You shoot that one pretty well.."  Yeah, thanks, brother, didn't need to hear that...  :bitchslap::laffs:

I need to sell a kidney here, for two things.  I hope the kidney is still good, too. NightHawk Customs "Counselor" and the Nemesis Arms ANSR rifle. Those two are gonna set me back $11k, and the kidney is the only way. 

You guys remember this clip in the Bourne movies?  Lots of people talked shiit, and said the gun was fake, not real, didn't exist.  Well, it does.  I shot it during DD Range Day.  :banana:

Edited by 98Z5V

That sounds much better than my week lol

If the security was the guys I think it was......they have a handful of REALLY solid guys, and 200 mouthbreathers. Its the reason they pay us to come up from tucson every year and run the Gem show. They import their entire supervisory staff. I had an invite to work shot this year but im stuck in DC. 

Edited by blue109

3 minutes ago, Armed Eye Doc said:

You did, in one of your drunk ramblings during the week. :lmao:

Shiit...  In that case, I revert back to my opening statement, then...

1 hour ago, 98Z5V said:

"My version of events are what I recall and experienced, and they may not reflect the recollections and experience of other Show Attendees..."

🤣

It's not my fault - I was over-served.

Edited by 98Z5V

1 hour ago, blue109 said:

If the security was the guys I think it was......they have a handful of REALLY solid guys, and 200 mouthbreathers. Its the reason they pay us to come up from tucson every year and run the Gem show. They import their entire supervisory staff. I had an invite to work shot this year but im stuck in DC. 

SHOT was solid, brother.  Those fuktards that they hired at the Wynn and Encore are fucking "I think I'm Delta-ST6-DevGru-HALO-SCUBA-Marine Recon-JumpMaster-12-sandwich-eating-motherfucker" fags.  They're a joke.  Never seen such ass-clownery in my life.  Inside those two hotels, you're protected by guys that think they're GRS. But they're far from being qualified to mop up a Basic Training Mess Hall.  Total buffoonery. When I left Encore that night, I made a big wave to the "Chief of Security" and yelled, "THANKS FOR PROFILING ME, FUKKER!!!"   :thefinger:

I had a run in with them on Wednesday night.  They detained Rob on Thursday night... Back room interrogation, I think he was probed.  Can't confirm... 

Edited by 98Z5V

7 minutes ago, blue109 said:

Lol. The SHOT security guys were probably mostly in yellow shirts with a few in tan. The tan shirt guys are generally a little better. The firearms instructor for them is a good dude. He has his own school and holds them to a pretty high standard for the most part. 

Those clown-asses at Wynn and Encore are jealous, because they've heard the stories of those 4 dudes that work the upper levels of the MGM Grand.  Those are some serious, no-BS motherfuckers over there.  Paul Blart is more badass than those assmonkeys at Wynn and Encore.

Edited by 98Z5V

I'm down. I'll gladly enter back into the Wynn and Encore with my "military style backpack" and take them on again.  :thumbup:

It wasn't a black thing.  My pack was tan.  They let all the black "military style backpacks" go right through.  They have something against tan - it's a brown thing.  Racist fuks.

It was worse for Rob. WAY worse. What a difference a day makes.  I think they'd had enough of me, and the next day decided to make an example out of him.  I'm sorry, Rob.  I didn't intend that.  If I could have planned some Next-Level Shiit like that out, it would have been epic, but at this point in the trip, the furthest I could plan was "what's on the breakfast menu..."...  :lmao:

Edited by 98Z5V

Rob got lap-danced.  He didn't know it was coming, he was attacked.  I can't be held responsible for this, as I did not record it.  However, I did warn Bob that it was about to go down.  Bob Langley gets credit for this vid, all the way. Fuckin' WELL DONE, BOB!   :hail:

Edited by 98Z5V

1 hour ago, 98Z5V said:

Rob got lap-danced.  He didn't know it was coming, he was attacked.  I can't be held responsible for this, as I did not record it.  However, I did warn Bob that it was about to go down.  Bob Langley gets credit for this vid, all the way. Fuckin' WELL DONE, BOB!   :hail:

Hahaha and no one bliked an eye