• Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Strike Industries C.A.G.B.

Chuck Plissken

9 hours ago, 98Z5V said:

Well, I guess I answered my own question - it's in stock, and you can buy it here:

https://www.primaryarms.com/strike-industries-collar-adjustable-gas-block

This might turn into "The Rule..."   The clock is ticking...   :popcorn:

Ahhh the "Rule". I planned on this happening lol.  I was not seeing it in stock very often but hope this block is what in after. 

I originally wanted to have a setup like Sig has on thier older 5.56 models. only has a couple settings for the gas system to make it simple an your done. 

14 hours ago, Chuck Plissken said:

Ahhh the "Rule". I planned on this happening lol.  I was not seeing it in stock very often but hope this block is what in after. 

I originally wanted to have a setup like Sig has on thier older 5.56 models. only has a couple settings for the gas system to make it simple an your done. 

Read the reviews on that thing, brother - it looks like...  once you use the clamp-style to set it up, the "clamping" locks that adjustment ring in place.  Looks like it sucks, to be honest.  The PA link above has those reviews.  My opinion - don't risk it. 

8 hours ago, 98Z5V said:

Read the reviews on that thing, brother - it looks like...  once you use the clamp-style to set it up, the "clamping" locks that adjustment ring in place.  Looks like it sucks, to be honest.  The PA link above has those reviews.  My opinion - don't risk it. 

I saw that and now hesitant. Great idea but clamp style seems to stop ease of adjustment. I dont want to risk getting a bad one amd piss away 90 bucks but tax money is coming...

might be worth getting and modifying it somehow to get it right if it sucks. I like to modify and customize stuff all the time and it would be hilarious to call S.I and tell them how to fix thier design.

• 3 weeks later...

OK...I have it, not installed yet. Deciding on a future shorter build. How much shorter is usable idk... I'd say 10.5" is the cutoff for realistic power of a 308 but we shall see what I'm feeling. Weighing things out.

I'm thinking custom Columbia River Arms barrel at 10.5" carbine length. Gonna need to have this block accessible to adjust so I might do a 9" CMMG MLOK rail and cut a small section of the forend out for ease of adjustment.  This isnt set in stone but come the next few weeks I will see how things go.

• 2 months later...

so this thing sucks lol! slowly torquing these tiny torxs down to a mere 10 in/pds and this guy snaps. The pictures angle makes it look worse how its clamping down. I had an even amount of force on all to start but 1 gave out right away.

It's honestly not worth it as some have said! I'd need to vice it, then drill this little guy out. I'm sure it will work fine but I'd like it secure as much as possible. This will go in the poop bin of parts for now and moving on to a better adj. block. 

20200504_185213.jpg

12 hours ago, shooterrex said:

Left hand drill bits usually get broken bolts out.

Indeed - I have a full set of them, in quite the intricate extraction set, just for that purpose.  Removing broken bolts and screws is an artform, to be practiced with the appropriate extraction tools.  It takes practice.

On 5/8/2020 at 5:55 AM, RedRiverII said:

Did you alternate tightening?  Seems the top screw in pic was way down,  could've snapped that last guy.

I did. The picture angle made it look much worse. it's off the rifle now and when I get done with all my other projects and work I might try to fix it.  doubt it though.

im not excited to dick with this. Only strike indistries stuff I've bought are ar15 charging handles and this does it for me. Might pawn this off on a friend who'd use it. Idea of it is great but I will buy a SLR or Superlative block next.